Got out tonight for a run which was good. I didn't have time to go over and run with the club, due to a scout meeting tonight. Anyway I did a nice easy 6 miler. I ran up by this newer subdivision and met up with a realtor who showed me a few of the homes he has for sale. For the last year Sunny and I have been going back and forth about selling our home, building a new home, staying where we are, or buying a bigger home. Anyway, it was nice I caught up with this guy and he showed me a few of the models. After looking around I took off and finished up the run. I didn't notice too much pain in the hip so that was good.
The last two months I've been struggling with my training and trying to get over this hip injury that has bothered me for much of 2007. Mentally I feel like I'm ready to get back into training on a more consistent basis, I just wish I could get over some of these nagging injuries. Recently, I went back and looked over some of the goals I sat at the beginning of the year.
1. Run 2500 miles- I'm not going to hit this number, but I am going to shoot for 2000 (I'm about 150 miles short right now)
2. Run all community races- I feel like I did a pretty good job of running lots of races this past year. And trying to support the local community. In fact I might be putting on a 10K race in La Verkin in March
3. Improve marathon time to under 2:40- Did not reach this goal, (2:44:59) but feel I should be able to run under 2:40 with a better year of training this coming year.
4. Do the Utah Grand Slam- Was a goal, but something I'm glad I didn't do
5. Run an average of 50 miles a week. Another area where I came up short, but something that a little better effort and scheduling I should easily be able to do.
6. Continue to enjoy running. This was a goal which I met and feel good about. I've really enjoyed running lately and especially meeting new people through racing and the blog.
7. Improve Diet- My diet was pretty good throughout much of the summer and leading up to the marathon. However, much improvement is still needed.
8. Get weight down to 140 lbs- After the marathon I was at 136, and most of the summer I was right around 140 so I was happy with that. Still I think being down around 130-135 would make me a little faster as a runner.
Anyway, these were some of my goals for 2007. From looking back at some of these things, looks like I need to improve on many of them in 2008