Patience; the new endurance sport.

June 28, 2024

Recent EntriesHomeJoin Fast Running Blog Community!PredictorHealthy RecipesLuzylew's RacesFind BlogsMileage BoardTop Ten Excuses for Missing a RunTop Ten Training MistakesDiscussion ForumRace Reports Send A Private MessageWeek ViewMonth ViewYear View
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
15% off for Fast Running Blog members at St. George Running Center!

UT,

Dec 31, 2007

Female

Goal Type:

Marathon Finish

Running Accomplishments:

I ran my first marathon as a teenager in 1981 with my Dad (The Coronado Marathon). Since then I've run St, George (3x) Utah Valley (3x) Ogden (1 full, 2 halves) Park City (1 x) Boston Marathon (1x) Washington DC (1x) Moab Half Marathon (6x) ,Ye Old Freedom Festival 5 & 10K (a million x) and many others.

But I'm all done with that now.  I'm officially a jogger.

Short-Term Running Goals:

My running goal is to keep on keepin' on.

Long-Term Running Goals:

Jog into the sunset.

Personal:

I like being outside.

Favorite Blogs:

Click to donate
to Ukraine's Armed Forces
Miles:This week: 0.00 Month: 0.00 Year: 0.00
Saucony ProGrid V Lifetime Miles: 479.51
Saucony Ride Lifetime Miles: 841.34
Saucony Tangent Lifetime Miles: 150.93
Saucony Ride Lifetime Miles: 307.50
Slow milesFast milesTotal Distance

8:40,8:48,8:39,8:11,8:17,8:36,8:37,8:40,8:38,9:13

Monday is always hard to get going.  I told myself that if I tried hard for 8 miles, I'd treat myself to an 'ice cream' cool down mile.  Meaning, run hard for 8 then go as slow as I want for a whole mile, enjoy the sounds and smells of the trail, and contemplate the morning. I was running headlong into my ice-cream mile at the end of 8, when Sasha and partner came by and invited me to join them---I really wanted to!  I need to be more mentally flexible so I can be ready to run fast, even after 8 miles.  It could only help me.  It would have been great to be paced into a couple more 8:00 minute miles.  I should have just turned around and bravely taken up the challenge.  But I was heading toward my hard earned reward, and that last mile was delicious. I relished all those cool pockets of air that hover near the river, smelled all the honeysuckle and horseshoe chestnut blossoms in the air, and began greeting every passerby.  I don't know why I suffer the disparity between 9:13 and 8:11 so much.  I hope to make 8:13 feel like 9:13 eventually. 

Comments
From Jody on Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:52:54

Great Job!! I hear you with the difference between 9:13 and 8:11. You did an awesome job!

From luzylew on Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:59:02

Thanks Jody-- awesome job on your PR and 1st place (age division) on Saturday. I'm going to try really hard on Friday (Freedom 10K) to see what happens. It's a big race with a lot of people and I doubt I'll place, but I'd like to PR and do the whole thing in 49-51 minutes. We'll see. Thanks for blogging your win--it's inspired me to try harder!

From Lybi on Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 13:25:31

It would have been absolutely unfair to yourself to go back on your word. You put in a GREAT 8 mile run. You deserved that great cool down! Good job.

From sarah on Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 20:59:59

That is so hilarious that Sasha almost melted your dream mile! Uncanny timing.

Would you like to have a whole ice cream sundae with toppings and run with me a couple of miles this week? I loved our run together so much on Friday and couldn't believe how great I felt the entire time. It's a treat for me to have someone there.

I think this Friday we'll be in Murray. I'm going to try and get a teenager to babysit my kiddos so I can have a date race with Sasha. Would Saturday work for you instead..or Thursday? you name it and I'll talk to my man so I can be free to meet ya.

From luzylew on Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 22:48:46

Thursday would be great actually! I'm going to run the Freedom on Friday. Shall we meet again at the little house at 7:00 ish Thursday?

Add Your Comment.
  • Keep it family-safe. No vulgar or profane language. To discourage anonymous comments of cowardly nature, your IP address will be logged and posted next to your comment.
  • Do not respond to another person's comment out of context. If he made the original comment on another page/blog entry, go to that entry and respond there.
  • If all you want to do is contact the blogger and your comment is not connected with this entry and has no relevance to others, send a private message instead.
Only registered users with public blogs are allowed to post comments. Log in with your username and password or create an account and set up a blog.
Debt Reduction Calculator
Featured Announcements
Recent Comments: