Fast Running Blog
April 16, 2024, 02:15:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Food Feats  (Read 42329 times)
adam
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 03:20:37 pm »

That's nothing. So far today I've eaten 6 apples.

So how many cross-training miles does that convert to?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 03:25:16 pm »

That's nothing. So far today I've eaten 6 apples.

So how many cross-training miles does that convert to?

For Utah or for sea-level equivalent?
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 03:39:41 pm »

My friend Aimee Larkin eats a big bowl of ice cream the night before every marathon she runs.  No pasta, etc. Just ice cream.  She has qualified for the OT like 4 times.
adam

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 03:45:02 pm »

St. George course altitude factor, or Ogden course type of altitude factor?

Any sea-level equivalent is just irrelevant to your training, unless you are planning to eat at Chicago or another course.
Superfly

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 05:50:59 pm »

This is too funny. In high school (9th and 10th grade I think) I went on a 8-10 month milk party. I would put down an avg. of 1 gallon of Whole Milk with VD every day. I lived with my grandparents and my grandma thought it was just great that I'd drink milk like that. She never got tired of buying it. It just tasted so smooth and rich. Now I drink soy?
Dawson Hinton
Lurker

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 12:53:19 am »

Back way before I started running to lose weight, I took a brother-in-law to one of the bowling alleys here in St George.  I heard that the resauraunt in the place served a burger that if you atr the whole thing you got it for free.  Just the patty alone was 2 pounds!  They had the buns made special at a local bakery.  They also served it with mutiple slices of cheese, tomatoes pickles and a lot of lettuce on it.  This monster also came with loads of fries.  You had to eat it all and you had to do it in either 45 or 50 minutes (I can't remember).  Lets just say that I didn't leave paying for that meal!!!  The crappy part is that you were supposed to get a free T-shirt afterward but when I got done they said that all they had was a size small!  Now honestly, only small!!!
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 04:08:20 pm »

Last summer I ate a two foot burrito with rices & beans, at Senior Iguanas a Mexican place in Pocatello.  I was still hungry so I finished off the beans & rice on my wife's plate.
Brad Taylor
Lurker

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 03:18:03 pm »

I have read a lot of discussion threads on this forum, but never posted.  This one has got to be one of the most entertaining I've come across.  A lot of fun.
James Winzenz

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 04:00:04 pm »

Kory, is that one of those burritos they use two huge tortillas to make?  There used to be a place in on 100 S. in Provo that made burritos like that, and very inexpensive, too!  Don't know if it is still around or not . . .
Shauna
Lurker

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 10:07:11 pm »

Awesome!  I don't have any stories, but once my dad went to sushi with his wife and another couple.  It was still happy hour (all you can eat sushi or something), and they ordered 32 rolls between the four of them!  My dad was mad that they wasted all that food, but someone else in the group wanted their money's worth.  The worst part-if you wait too long to eat sushi, you would probably get really sick, so they didn't even get leftovers!
Steve Morrin
Posting Member

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 06:48:06 am »

I don't know of this is as crazy as everyone else, but our team does a root beer mile, and I can chug four cans of root beer and run a mile. This whole thing is all under 8 minutes, and I haven't thrown up once yet.
Thatcher
Lurker

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 04:33:20 pm »

Our team had a twinkie mile. You had to eat a twinkie before each lap. It makes me sick just thinking about it. I was second with a 6:13, and another kid did a 6:03. We were the only ones that didn't throw up after!
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 10:55:54 am »

I could probably win the banana mile. In 2005 I ate 4 bananas during St. George while staying with the pack too for the most part with no adverse effects. My time was 2:27:21. I think I could run around 5:30 mile stopping to eat a banana at the end of each lap if I could start running once the entire banana was in my mouth.
Steve Morrin
Posting Member

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 09:33:06 am »

I think that a banana mile would be much easier than milk or root beer because it's way easier on most peoples stomachs. I wouldn't mind a banana mile. :-)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 09:40:57 am »

I'd prefer a root beer float mile- more yummy  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: