Fast Running Blog
March 29, 2024, 07:51:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Food Feats  (Read 42146 times)
James Leblow
Lurker

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 08:40:20 am »

Not that long ago my friend bet me 5$ that I couldn't drink a whole big Jar of pickle juice in 2 minutes or less and I did, and I didn't puke after (But I sure wanted to) anther day I ate a whole entire large pizza hut pizza

Running It's More Than Just A Sport!
Jeff Linger
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 09:55:36 am »

Maybe you're pregnant James.
Steve Morrin
Posting Member

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 11:31:24 am »

I'd prefer a root beer float mile- more yummy  Cheesy
Oh man...I think that would put me over the edge to have root beer and ice cream while running!
Laurie Pope
Lurker

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 12:35:41 pm »

I ate a whole raw coconut once plus all the milk.  They all told me it was good for hydration, those amoebas had cleared me out.  Then they all laughed at my incapacitated state for the next 8 hrs.........ugh,
Lucia
Lurker

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 03:19:58 pm »

Does anyone know what an "alfajor" is? If not, you can google it. Maybe you got one from a missionary coming back from SouthAmerica... it's just about as dense, rich and sweet as a chocolate/candybar can get. Two cookies with very rich caramel in between, covered in chocolate. When I was a skinny 12-15 year old trying to gain weight so my friends wouldn't make fun of me, I could eat 8 of those at once, without blinking.

I'm glad I saw this! I had a banana on mile 12 of the Marine Corps in 2006 and was planning on doing the same this year, but nobody seems to do that... Knowing that Sasha has bananas on the course too, I don't feel so strange for doing that too!
Ruth Hilton
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 06:54:42 pm »

Does anyone know what an "alfajor" is?
My brother brought home a couple boxes of alfajores from his mission in Argentina and they're so tasty! But they ran out way too fast...
Tyler
Lurker

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 11:13:06 pm »

Does anyone know what an "alfajor" is? If not, you can google it. Maybe you got one from a missionary coming back from SouthAmerica... it's just about as dense, rich and sweet as a chocolate/candybar can get. Two cookies with very rich caramel in between, covered in chocolate. When I was a skinny 12-15 year old trying to gain weight so my friends wouldn't make fun of me, I could eat 8 of those at once, without blinking.

I'm glad I saw this! I had a banana on mile 12 of the Marine Corps in 2006 and was planning on doing the same this year, but nobody seems to do that... Knowing that Sasha has bananas on the course too, I don't feel so strange for doing that too!

I served in Argentina and I was seriously addicted to alfajores. Aguila and Havana are so heavenly! There was also this white kind at the kiosks for 50 cents that I'd get every day... can't remember the name. 3 of those a day, plus loads of strawberries and dulce de leche made me get rather large very quickly. It was only two months before I couldn't button my shirts up all the way. I'll agree that 8 at once is pretty impressive.
Jeff Linger
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 09:46:32 pm »

Even Superfly can't hang with Michael Phelps and his 12,000 calories/day food intake. Check it out ... http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=4226712&cl=9291484&src=news.
Tyler
Lurker

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 04:59:25 pm »

I was driving back from Washington last week and downed 2 one pound bags of dark chocolate M&M's. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Heavenly.
Joe Furse
Posting Member

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 05:03:41 pm »

I "cleaned the sink" at Angie's.  Those of you from the Logan area know what that means.  Definitely not healthy.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 07:37:01 pm »

I "cleaned the sink" at Angie's.

By yourself???
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2009, 03:48:00 pm »

ummmm..... okay?!  What does it mean Loganites?
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2009, 05:22:52 pm »

http://imagesofcachevalley.com/index.php/site/articles/food/the_best_breakfast_the_biggesst_banana_split_highlight_angies_menu

Hard to tell from the picture, but it's served in an actual (small) kitchen sink.  But it is tons of ice cream, bananas, and toppings.

But we Loganites won't share any more of our secrets.  If you want to know, you have to move here.  Otherwise, you'll be trying to trick us into divulging what the Planet Walk is...
Joe Furse
Posting Member

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2009, 05:44:56 pm »

Oooh the Planet Walk....better be careful with that one.  Don't worry...my lips are SEALED.  Wink  Admittedly on cleaning the sink I did it with one other person.  Most people take 4-6 people though and still find it hard...depending on how fast their metabolism is.  I know I almost puked and I felt ill for the next day and a half.  I figure I ate at least a third of a gallon of ice cream plus all the toppings...they are the worst part as far as eating that much goes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: