Fast Running Blog
July 04, 2024, 04:52:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan Hall in London  (Read 7723 times)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 04:20:28 pm »

I didn't see anything in the Herald Journal either. I think I will write them a letter about it. And also complain about the city taking away "my" park strip. (local politics joke)
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 12:01:26 pm »

It was a remarkable time. Ryan's future is limited by only two things: his ability to stay healthy and his ability to learn from each race. He has the drive to be the best American marathoner ever and perhaps even hold a world record in the event. However, shaving another two minutes off of 2:06 and change is an incredible amount of time. Only time will tell if he has the world record talent to match his incredible grit and determination.

As for Beijing, that olympic marathon perhaps more than most is a total coin toss as Sasha stated. The pollution, the heat and the difficulty of the course will mean any of probably 30 guys have a decent shot at winning the whole thing, especially since Haile has pulled out. The World Championships in August may have been an unfortunate preview of what we could see in Beijng. So unless the conditions are somehow near perfect, I won't put much stock in the order of finish.

It's too bad that this olympic marathon won't be in a more hospitable place because I would love to see how Ryan could do on a flat course, in good weather on against the top 20-30 marathoners in the world.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 08:40:07 am »

I just put this same thing in the Ryan Shay discussion - but it goes here too.  This is a good short little article about Ryan Hall from ESPN.  It also has a link on the side of the article to watch a good video about Ryan Shay and how his wife is doing now.
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandfield/columns/story?id=3372422
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: