Fast Running Blog
June 30, 2024, 04:33:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Utah Valley Marathon  (Read 12171 times)
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 08:58:58 am »

I might consider this race.  I was planning on running Ogden, but have not signed up yet.  I'm really not in shape to run a marathon right now, but I do enjoy running on the river trail in Provo and I think it could be a fun training run.  I'm familiar with the start, and somewhat with the finish, but where does the route go once you hit Orem and Provo?
Paul Thomas
Lurker

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 12:28:01 pm »

Like many of the rest of you, I'm not in marathon shape quite yet, and it wasn't part of my running plans, but I'm in for the Utah Valley Marathon. How can I pass up such an awesome race that's right in my own backyard? We do the Provo River Trail run to the lake at least once every year (I love it), and I've run much of the rest of the course over the years. And you only get one chance to participate in a "1st Annual" anything. I participated in the first Wasatch Back Relay when there were only 22 teams and have participated every year since. This year there will be 500+ teams in that event. There's a special feeling about being one of the original participants. When UVM becomes popular and starts limiting field size like SGM, I'll already be on my way to the 10 year club.

Also, I don't know about you, but there have been years when I had friends training for Boston when I wasn't, and when I was training for Boston but my friends weren't. Now we can all get in the habit of training for a great April marathon every year.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 12:30:43 pm »

Dustin - the map is available at http://utahvalleymarathon.com/
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 02:14:37 pm »

Good point Paul,  I have been wavering on this one but I think if I just take it easy and use it for a long run I will be fine for Ogden.
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 09:10:19 am »

Hyrum- I won't be doing it this year 'cause of Boston, but I will put it on the schedule for next year. It's not quite my backyard, but I would rather support it than Divine and the Salt Lake marathon. Have you considered a 1/2 marathon option? I think that would be HUGE in terms of popularity, especially for those that are training for Ogden. It's really tough to do 2 spring marathons, but you can easily do a spring 1/2 marathon and then turn around and do a marathon a few weeks later.
Josse

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 01:57:33 pm »

I really think we should support Hyrum and sign up for one of the races, there is a 5k as well:)
koriandjc
Lurker

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 01:14:28 pm »

I think the race is a great idea. Unfortunately, many of us are running either Boston ( the 21st) or SLC (19th). I ran a 20 miler with Hyrum's uncle this morning and was talking with him about it. Seems they only have 26 people signed up. Ouch ! I suggest whatever advertising can be done in the next few weeks since a lot of people I have spoken with who are not running Boston or SLC don't even know about this race.
Sasha, you need to do it, the money is all yours. Nobody faster is looking at it.
JC
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 01:20:05 pm »

I'm signing up today so make it 27.  I agree that the biggest problem right now is that nobody knows about it.  If we can get the word out, there should be a good turnout next year.
koriandjc
Lurker

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 01:32:29 pm »

I wish it was the week before. I am going to Boston and 9 days between marathons is too close for me, unlike TOU and St. George which is doable for me. The other point is that Paul Thomas is in my age group and he is faster than me. Go Paul !!!!!. Does anybody know how we can see a list of those registered for the marathon and 5k ? I may do the 5k if there is not much competition in my age group - 45-49 y.o.
Tyler can you help me on this one ?
JC
Josse

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 10:03:04 pm »

I know that there is not very many people signed up.  You should do it, a 5k is a perfect workout the week before a marathon.  Thas is what I always do. 
Marcie J.
Lurker

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 11:22:27 am »

I think I may do this one, Josse do you still have comps?
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 01:46:32 pm »

Does anybody know how we can see a list of those registered for the marathon and 5k ?
I am curious who is signed up as well.  Any chance we can convince Hyrum to give us a list?
Josse

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 02:38:56 pm »

I am sure he wouldn't have a problem, I would go to the UV marathon website and send him a message.
Tyler
Lurker

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 02:05:08 pm »

Tyler can you help me on this one ?

Are you talkin' to me?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: