Fast Running Blog
June 24, 2024, 11:32:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Hot Pink Chicks 1/2 Marathon  (Read 17140 times)
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« on: April 10, 2009, 07:20:38 am »

The Red Hot Pink Chicks are going to be hosting a 1/2 Marathon down Provo Canyon July 11th, 2009.  This run is meant for a great time on a great course with great friends and runners.  All are welcome to join us. 
****** NEW INFO*****
Hola Chikas!
The Michelle-Lowry's-Pain-in-the-Butt-Sausage-Toed-Ankylosing-Spondylitis-Race-for the-Cure-Water-Proof-Dye-in-da-Blue-Crazy-Nut'n-Gonna-Stop-us-Fun-Lovin'-Red-HOT-Pink-Chicks" 1/2 Marathon is upon us Smiley  This is the new official name of our first RHPC 1/2.  (Sorry Michelle- I just can't help myself Wink
I have an address for the start and a time and everything Smiley
The address is 450 W 4620 N, Provo Utah.  The easiest way to get there is to take the Center Street Exit in Orem and head East (toward the mountains Wink--YES- Orem, NOT Provo.  This road will majically change into 4800 N in Provo as you head east.  You are going to turn right at 300 West.  (It is the light before the light that you turn into The Riverwoods Shopping Center.)  There is a large sign that says "Vintage....something" Wink   After you turn, this road is going to eventually veer right and then dead end at 450 W.  At the dead end, please go left and park in the parking by the playground.  We will meet there at 6 am.  The race will start at 6:30 am at the gas station at the mouth of the canyon.  Thank you to Josse for mapping this all out for us.
Please send me a confirmation email to verify your entry.  Please also let me know if this is your first 1/2.  Please don't forget a treat to share at the end and a prize for another runner.  This prize should have something to do with either, RED, HOT, PINK, or Chicks/chickens Wink ...or all four.  There will be several 5 gallon coolers with gatorade and water Smiley
Please also note that there will be NO aide stations.  You will need to bring your own fuel and fluid.  There are potties and water at a few places on the route.
This is also officially really more of a "training run."  Please only participate if you are trained for this distance.  We want everyone to have a GREAT time with some GREAT company.  Please forward this to any others that are planning on coming.
I am making finisher medals, race #'s, and awards for the first timers, so an RSVP would be WONDERFUL!!!
Hey- if anyone has any great ideas for the prizes for the brave men running and the first timers, let me know... or feel free to make some and bring them Smiley
Oh- the t-shirts should be done this week.  If you did not order one, there are a very few extra.  First pay... first get Wink  Email me if you are interested Wink
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 03:31:58 pm by Marion McClellan » Logged

Never Give Up!!! Never SURRENDER!!!!
Maurine Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 07:26:11 am »

You have my order.

How are you planning on handling payments on this?
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 07:27:28 am »

I will take chocolate and whipping cream Wink  Personal checks are fine.  I have never used Paypal- do you think that would work?

Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:17:44 am »

You should see if Sasha will let you use his new timing thing, and even registration.  This would make it kind of cool.
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 07:52:53 pm »

I agree, I'll hit him up.  I was sort of hoping he'd offer... hint hint, Sasha, if you're reading  Wink

Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 11:41:24 am »

We might be able to do something depending on when and where you start your race.
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 01:31:11 pm »

Hey Sasha- we will be starting up Provo canyon and ending 13.1 miles down Wink  I am hoping some seasoned runners will help with the course... hint hint nudge nudge Josse Smiley  We all love the beautiful run down the canyon.

Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 02:10:11 pm »

Here is the deal with the "cool" timing/registration system. In order to set it up for a race, I have to put in some labor. I am willing to do it, but only for races that meet the Eligibility Rules. I do not want your average fun run fund raiser race director to get an idea that this resource is just out there for everybody to use whenever with no strings attached. It is meant to be a reward for the race directors that are willing to organize competitive races.

So I will make the system available  if you take some measures to comply with the rules. To help with the correct course length I could lay out the course. Since you do not have an entry fee, elite comps are covered automatically. I assume you do not have a raffle, so the raffle rule does not apply either. For the prize money requirement, can you afford something like $20 cash for the winner or a gift certificate? Also, could you move it to a different date? E.g. June 20th or 27th?
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 02:31:10 pm »

I am more than happy to have you measure the course for us Smiley  That would be great Smiley  As for the date- it has been set for quite some time and the runners all agreed upon that date way back when.  The runners also agreed to a "no prize necessary" thing Smiley  We are doing more of a "YOU ARE THE BEST", "WOOO hOO!", "Queen of the Red Hot Pink Chicks" kind of celebration.  Oooo.. I am going to make a crown for the winner Smiley   We may throw the winner into the river, too Wink  I will check to see if a local running store would like to donate a gift card.  there will be no raffle, but as an entry fee, each runner is being asked to bring a prize for another runner.  The race is really a celebration of the amazing sport that is running and what it offers for us, especially women.  We of course invite all men, and why wouldn't they want to run this race, TONS OF CUTE GIRLS Grin  We'll have to come up with a special prize for the brave men who come.

Maurine Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 01:00:17 pm »

Here is Tarzan's brilliant input!  Let's just stick with our original plan to have this as a half marathon/fun training run that people can choose to push as a personal race if they want to. 

I do like the idea of throwing people in the water and will personally help with that.  We can use our Garmin settings from the previous run (or I will run it one weekend) to figure out 'satellitically' where the finish line will be and can post a dead cat (dressed in red or pink) or some other symbolic items near there as an ending place. 

My concern is now that Marion has taken on the role of race director - she seems to think that we need to bow and adore her and I just can't do that. 

However - as my entry fee - I will also throw in 3 (yes - that is THREE) laundry marking pens or perhaps cloth paint pens so that we can decorate each other's running shirts for future admiration and adjulation. 

Maybe we can provide second and third place with scepters made from empty paper towel tubes. 

(Personally - I think we need a 'roadkill' award for last place - something that can get passed on from year to year).
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 01:14:55 pm »

Will you bow down to me if I give you a Royal Title Wink  Her Highness Maurine?  What about if we name the race after you?
I LOVE the road kill idea!!!

seesuerun
Lurker

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 02:03:11 pm »

How many people are running this? Just curious. I was going run East Canyon half on that day with my sister who has just started running but may look into this to. Sounds fun! I would love to meet more of the bloggers from the area.
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 02:24:58 pm »

Hey Sue- We'd love to have you! It will be very small- say like about 20-30 runners of ALL levels and speeds.  I know most of the ladies running this and they are all AMAZING and super fun Smiley  We ran the course today and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!  PM me for more info.

Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 08:22:26 pm »

SUE---come and run this one with us!!!  If you and your sister are just running for fun, this race will be that!  And the "medals" will take a place of honor among your other medals!!

We do not need no stinking timing device!  We have Garmins and stop watches and we are all starting at the same time.  AND when the first runner in hits 13.1 miles she (or he) can just STOP and we will all run to that spot and plow her (or him) over.

Let's stick with our date, we do not want it to get too hot.  We have everything we need to do this on our own and our way.  No need to conform.
seesuerun
Lurker

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 09:54:20 am »

K. It is official. It is my sisters first half and she would like to run this one instead of East Canyons so hooray! We will probably make our own shirts!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: