Fast Running Blog
April 25, 2024, 10:34:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email notification  (Read 4637 times)
Carolyn Herlin
Lurker

« on: September 16, 2008, 10:47:13 am »

On the Blog Options page there's a check box titled "E-mail notification on comment." I have always had this option checked and yet I have never gotten an email notification when a comment has been left on my blog. I'm just wondering whether this option works.

Thanks,
Carolyn
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 11:47:03 am »

Your email server is probably blocking it because it thinks that it is spam (that is what happened to me).  There should be a setting in your email account where you can specify the email address that the comments come from and it will let it through.  I'm not positive of the exact address but think that it is blackhole at asksasha dot com (replace the at with @ and dot with . )
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 12:33:23 pm »

I use Gmail, and at first it would block it as Spam.  I agree with Andy, most likely you just need to change a setting in your e-mail program.

Carolyn Herlin
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 01:15:59 pm »

My email is set to put anything it suspects as spam in the screened mail folder, and I do get things in that folder from time to time. I just changed it to not filter spam, so I'll see if that makes a difference. I'm using Comcast webmail because I can't use an email client for personal email on my work computer.
Carolyn Herlin
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 02:12:39 pm »

I changed my email address to my work email address and that made the notifications work. Changing the spam filter setting in my personal email didn't do anything. I really would rather use my personal email address than my work email address though. Maybe I'll have to continue to live without notifications. Stupid Comcast.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 02:17:22 pm »

You may want to email your tech support at Comcast and tell them about the email getting blocked.  They may have a spam filter that removes most of it before it even gets to your inbox that is catching it.  If you provide them with the email address it's coming from, they should be able to add it to a list that's deemed acceptable to their spam filters.
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 02:27:24 pm »

I changed my email address to my work email address and that made the notifications work. Changing the spam filter setting in my personal email didn't do anything.
I had to do the exact same thing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: