Fast Running Blog
May 28, 2024, 01:43:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who invented this website? Is it mostly used by Utahns? Why is the time EST?  (Read 3704 times)
maryannsc
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:51:29 am »

Which groups or cities used this blog the most?  I see Sasha uses it, who is part of Wasatch Running Center Team right?  And I hear Wasatch Athletics Team uses it, and St. George Running Center Team uses it.  Any other teams or clubs?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:19:45 am »

Sasha is the website creator and owner. Sasha no longer runs for Wasatch Running Center, but has teamed with the St. George Running Center to start his own racing team, which fields a couple dozen men and a handful of women. I don't know of clubs that "officially" use the blog, rather it's comprised of individuals who may or may not happen to be on various teams. Yes, most people on the blog are from Utah, mainly because that's how the blog started and where its roots are. Perhaps this demographic will shift some day and the blog will become more geographically distributed. (I hope so)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:10:59 am »

If you sort the blogs by state, 268 out of just over 700 show up at Utah.  Although I think some people haven't updated location, so this number may be a bit low.  But that gives you a sense that probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the runners on the blog are in Utah.  We also have some runners in countries outside the US, too.
Carolyn Herlin
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:26:45 am »

I suspect that several of us who are outside of Utah have a Utah connection, and that's one reason that we're drawn to this blog.
dave rockness
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 12:31:18 pm »

Not from Utah, no connection whatsoever...very helpful blog.
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 03:08:07 pm »

Also not from Utah, although I found the blog from searching online for someone who is.  After being a lurker for several months I finally got the nerve to join.  I hesitated because I thought I was too slow, not a good enough runner, and from the East Coast.  But I could not have been more wrong.  Was accepted by all and have left and recieved many comments on the other blogs.

Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 03:20:53 pm »

The reason the time is EST is my somewhat justified inertia. The server that the blog is hosted on is located in Michigan. When the hosting company originally set it up the time was set to EST. I have not felt particular reason to change the time given that I do not want to communicate any more of the Utah bias than we already naturally carry. I suppose the ideal solution is to detect the time zone of the browser and use that to show the times, but I have not gotten around to it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: