Fast Running Blog
June 30, 2024, 03:10:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pocatello Marathon course  (Read 3836 times)
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« on: August 29, 2008, 04:06:56 pm »

Here's the Pocatello Marathon course that I'm going to try and run a good race and time.

http://www.pocatellomarathon.com/2008PocatelloMarathonCourse.pdf

That I would just share the course layout with everyone.  My strategy will be to average an overall 6:00 - 6:09 pace through the whole think.  I really need to hit the downhill portion a a good clip to achieve the goal.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 09:04:29 pm »

Good luck, Kory!  Trust in your training.  And I have to say, the elevation profile looks almost identical to TOU.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:06:43 pm by Jonathan Allen » Logged
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 09:29:35 pm »

Kory smoked this course folks and set a new course record by nearly 6 minutes!  He ran a superb race with some great competition (Chuck Engle, former course record holder). 

This course's second half is a bit harder than TOU.  The profile shows flat and downhill, but it is nearly all rolling hills with more up than down from my experience and the hill at 21 miles is harder than at TOU.  Plus, the downhill her only lasts until about 11 miles then it starts to roll.

A tougher course than it looks on a map.
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 10:01:16 am »

A tougher course than it looks on a map.
Courses are always thougher than they appear on a map Wink 
Great job Kory!! you have broked a huge barrier.  Love the pics in the paper, esp. the one where you look like you are going to take that ladies arm off as she is handing you a water bottle.
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:25:00 pm »

Josse - The Lady handing me the water is my wife.  I had her hand me a bottle at a couple different areas along with Sports Beans and Gels.

Jeff -  You really nailed the half again this year, and if it wasn't for a track star there was no one that would have touched you.   Jeff really runs the rolling hills well.
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:55:26 pm »

I believe we can remove this topic from the Forum discussion.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 08:53:11 pm »

Nah, quit being so humble, Kory.  It's not everyday you win a marathon and PR.  You deserve the publicity.  Which is exactly what you get each time we comment on this thread to bump it up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: