Fast Running Blog
April 28, 2024, 03:01:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: would love the training advise  (Read 4560 times)
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« on: October 09, 2007, 05:33:14 pm »

Sasha, Hay I would love some training advise.  I feel I have untapped potential and just need to be headed in the right direction to tap into it.  I also have that fire burning under me to train hard and run well, at the next level.  So any training advise is welcome.  I know I am in base building mode still just coming back from injury, but I am anxious to get started.  How long should I wait to start soing some sort of speed?
Josse
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 03:24:42 pm »

Josse:

Hold your horses. Get to the point where you can run 10 miles a day 6 days a week and not feel fatigued or on the verge of injury. The pace does not matter. Once you are there, it will be time for strides and tempos. As a side benefit, if you were to get there and raced a marathon, I think you would PR even before you started speed.
Josse

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 03:31:53 pm »

I kind of new you would tell me this, my horses can wait.  But they will be ready when its time.  What do you think about running some shorter races this fall? 
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 09:31:22 pm »

5k's and 10k's are great, especially if planning for a race keeps you motivated.
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 10:32:55 am »

I agree running some 5k and 10K races and even planning for a 1/2 sometime next year are great ways to improve fitness and learn what it feels like to run faster and test your abilities.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 07:46:25 pm »

If you follow Sasha's advice, it will probably take some time for you to get to doing tempo runs, but once you get there, let me know if you want to meet occasionally for our harder workouts.  It would be great to get together.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: