Fast Running Blog
April 29, 2024, 03:08:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: St George Marathon  (Read 2477 times)
Lauren Whelchel
Lurker

« on: June 27, 2008, 07:35:36 pm »

okie dokie...so I was supposed to be training for the st george marathon, i had some health issues come up that prevented the training and so I need to get started back up again. Um, from this far out what should I be running and doing each week?? saturdays would be my day for longs and no runs on sundays...any advice would be great. also, as for time wise, I am running it with my mom and brother and I think we are shooting for 5 1/2 hours or under...i think...I know we all could go faster but it seems we are shooting more for finish times then for greatness times...but either way, its my first and want to finish it and feel good with how my training went...and not be left behind by family =)  any help would be great! thanks!
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 07:23:33 pm »

Train 6 days a week, no skipping. Probably 4 miles at an easy pace to start, you can up it fairly quickly to 6 if you feel good. Again, I cannot overemphasize this - it does not matter how you train if you are still skipping days. It is like worrying about how the aerodynamic qualities of your car affect the gas mileage when you have forgotten to detach from it a trailer loaded with heavy rocks.

If all you want to do is 5:30, and you can run a 5 K in 25:00, then 6 miles a day 6 days a week could get you there without long runs. In fact,  with this type of training you may find yourself a little bored during the race. Long runs would not hurt, though, if you keep them short enough - no more than 14 miles.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: