Fast Running Blog
April 29, 2024, 04:52:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A race to remember!  (Read 2944 times)
Zach
Lurker

« on: June 03, 2008, 03:09:06 pm »

Ok this past weekend there was a guy that wanted to race in the mile but i told him that I would lose horribly. He was like that is why I want to race you.

Thought for a few minutes and was like ok, but if i win i get 30 dollars.

So two hours after that we were at the track meet. He was messing around telling people to all watch the mile closely to shove it in my face that I am gonna lose. In the back of my head though i knew i was faster. Just got back into the season after a minor problem with anemic that was making me look really slow.

Once the race started I just drafted behind him to measure his stride and adjust again to make sure that I am not wasting energy. Since he was leading the pack of 80 runners he was using the most energy setting the pace. We both started on the second lap to pull away from the rest of the pack...with me riding right on his heels. Then the third lap came. My opponent was slowly dying and was thinking "wait zach don't pass him yet, Let him do all the work!"

He was really dyin as i was pushing him even faster around the last lap. Once the last 200 meters hit i exploded into my last push passing up my opponent is one stride. That last stretch felt wonderful since it was the first chance in months to run well. A crowd of 3000 people were cheering!!!

Finished the race with a 4:22...a time that beat my freshmen time of 4:28.

The best part was that of winning 30 dollars that will be paying for next weekends marathon...lol
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 04:57:45 pm »

Great job!  So did you mean a pack of 8, not 80 in your description? Smiley
Zach
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 02:58:14 pm »

Nope ment 80. There were 56 teams there durring an invitational in seattle. We were one of the only 3a schools there to.

Since then have finaly broke below 4:18 and am a lil mad because of getting really bad shin splints...lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: