Fast Running Blog
April 28, 2024, 04:59:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaun Evans - Consistent Marathoner  (Read 4139 times)
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« on: June 02, 2008, 08:58:05 am »

I think that one of the most underrated marathoners in upstate New York is Shaun Evans, my neighbor who also goes to my church and owns his own pediatric clinic in Saratoga Springs, NY. He was a decent runner in high school and college, but didn't really start logging the big miles until after graduation. As the father of two young kids, I can only imagine how taxing that is balancing dad duties and a full schedule at work. But he still makes it out for the long runs. On May 25th he logged a 2:31:42 in the Keybank Vermont City Marathon just out of the money in 6th place. This was better than the projected "favorites" from our area however. He also ran a 2:31:46 in Boston this year, good for 71st place overall. In 2007 he ran 2:39:03 at Boston (116th place) and a 2:34:59 at Buffalo Marathon (good for 5th overall). He took more than 3 minutes off his PR in the marathon in just under a year, and I am positive that great things are still to come. He gives me hope that one day I too can get an award in a race, even if it's slowest finisher ever award! Smiley Go Shaun!
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 05:47:49 am »

As a Followup, Shaun ran a 2:39:53 in our local marathon earlier this month Smiley Good for THIRD PLACE! He also makes time in his schedule to go to the school and go running with my brother and some other guys on the xc team to inspire them Smiley
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:47:38 am »

Shaun ran the Manchester 1/2 3 wks after placing 3rd in our local marathon and ended up running a 1:14:00. Man I wish I could run that! To put it into perspective, he finished 24 minutes ahead of my PR!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: