Fast Running Blog
May 28, 2024, 06:34:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hobble Creek 1/2 Will Fill up Soon!  (Read 3971 times)
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« on: May 15, 2008, 12:56:47 pm »

I talked with Hawk yesterday and he said he expects Hobble Creek to fill up either this weekend or next weekend.  He said the race was already 2/3 or 3/4 full (I can't remember which) so if you haven't signed up do so asap!  I want it to be a sea of FRB'ers!
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 03:24:12 pm »

I am encouraging the FRB team to go to TOU 1/2 that day. Reasons:

a) It is an USATF LDR circuit race. With the exception of some rare circumstances I will always advise runners to go to the race that is on the LDR circuit over the one that is not. If we want the race directors to create races vs just a fund-raising party with some running involved, we need to support the race directors that care.

b) TOU race directors historically have literally put their money where their mouth is when they say "race". As small as their budget has been they have always given out of their heart to the runners that are willing to give it all. TOU marathon has consolation cash for winning the age division, even. Contrast that with a whole bunch of a much larger budget fund-raiser races where you have to pull your teeth to even get a comp.

c) It does not fill up.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 04:47:06 pm »

I did the TOU 1/2 marathon last year because I didn't sign up for Hobble Creek early enough.  I do have to say it was run very well, and it was a great race.  Hobble Creek is closer to my home, which is one of the reasons I am doing it.  Plus its dang fast and I can train in Hobble Creek Canyon for St. George so it makes sense to do the race there. 
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 05:39:19 pm »

Last year FRB-ers swept top 6 places for the men at TOU half!  Great race!  Just don't let the secret get out  Wink
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 05:44:29 pm »

c) It does not fill up.

Not yet anyway. The race directors mentioned last year that if it keeps growing how it has been, they will have to put a cap on it soon. You can only get so many people down Blacksmith Fork! But it's a great race, highly recommended. You are virtually guaranteed cooler weather than along the Wasatch Front. Also a 50-50 chance of a good tailwind. Be wary of the sun obstructing your views of turn signs though.
Brent Barney
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 08:01:06 pm »

TOU Half, do they give moose trophies to age divisions, like the marathon?  I not sure if Hobble creek was accurately measured last year.  It seem a little short, Hawk said it was right on.  We already signed up for Hobble Creek, maybe next year for TOU.  *Note, I was impressed with the TOU marathon last year with the cool trophies, etc.  The only down side to TOU, Logan traffic and crappy hotels.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 10:03:10 pm »

For age divisions they gave trophies of a running metallic hyrogliphic (sp?) on a red rock three deep.  It was pretty cool.
Marcie J.
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 06:24:26 pm »

I got a cool trophy from 2006 for third overall and a bestbuy girftcard in their drawing. Its a great race and I even have a close friend to stay with but Logan is just too far of a drive from SG! Anyone who did not get into hobblecreek should defintely do TOP!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: