Fast Running Blog
April 29, 2024, 09:47:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for more features  (Read 9898 times)
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« on: September 22, 2007, 03:42:29 pm »

Sasha -
I would love to see a few items on the blog that are not currently there. 
Number 1.  I would like to be able to log in and choose my favorite blogs to be shown under a different page.  That way I can quickly jump to the blog that I would like to (whom is found in "my favorites").  You could make it a fixed number (max) if it is easier to create. 
Number 2.  I would like some more sorting capabilities.  I would like to be able to find a race and be able to see everyone who has ever run the race and maybe some simple items like their place and time.  It would also have a hyperlink on that persons race to their blog where the race report is found.  I think this will make the blog "cleaner" and make it much nicer to see past results of races.  The problem that you will have is that people will need to choose a race from a drop down menu (if it already exists) or if no one has run it, create it.  You will then have to authenticate the races that people post to fit in that pre-defined name.  That will require some work.  Along the same lines, I would like to be able to see the lists of races (both "my races" and "race reports" in a spreadsheet type format.  That way, you could see the multiple races much easier and also sort by any category field on the "spreadsheet".  The possible fields could be Race Name, Runner Name, Race Time, Overall Place, AG place, Link to blog for that race report etc.
Thats enough for today.  More will follow..... Oh and, I am sure glad you have made the improvements that you have and wanted to thank you for the work you do put in.  That wasn't meant to come across as an afterthought, sorry.
Ruth Hilton
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 08:21:35 pm »

First of all: Sasha- you are amazing and this blog is awesome, thank you very much for all the work you do to keep it running and a great asset to all of us runners. 
One thing that I think would be really convenient is if the log-in box could be shown on all the blog pages, that way if you're checking other peoples' blogs or your own and want to add and entry or something, it would be more easily accessible.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 05:36:09 pm »

Cody:

I have added the favorite blogs feature.

Ruth:

I have also added the login box on the blog pages.

While at it, I also added the location display on each blog if available.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 07:10:59 pm »

Thanks for the favorite blogs feature.  Very handy!
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 09:34:20 pm »

Where is the favorite blogs feature?  I'm not seeing it.
Ruth Hilton
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 09:45:54 pm »

Go to "Blog Options" when you're logged in- it'll be one of those boxes on your right to fill out that show up on your sidebar.

And - Thanks lots for incorporating our suggestions in the blog, Sasha, it's AWESOME!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 09:48:41 pm by Ruth Hilton » Logged
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 08:02:32 am »

Sasha

Thanks for adding the TOU 1/2 marathon on your race predictor.  Based on my 1/2 time, I was thinking my marathon time would be a bit faster.  But your predictor had me within 30 seconds of what I ran, so that is good.  I wonder what I could have run if I did SGM with you guys.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 08:15:23 am »

2:34:08.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 08:28:25 am »

Smart Aleck.

I think the tailwind and slightly better weather would have helped a bit.  Plus, since I beat Cody and James by 2 minutes at TOU 1/2, I figure I would beat them by 4 minutes in the marathon- so somewhere between a 2:34:47 to a 2:29:38.  I'll go with the sub-2:30 time!
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 12:15:46 pm »

Jon:

This is almost like saying that you would have run slower than world record, but faster than 3 hours. The range is too wide. James's TOU half needs to be discounted from the prediction. Cody's TOU needs to be discounted as well, he did not go all out. Kory was an odd ball, he ran St. George faster than what his TOU would predict, I think he is on a gradual rise.  I would guess you would have been around 2:33 - 2:34.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 02:30:12 pm »

I was being sarcastic in my time estimate.  But I'm still sticking with my sub-2:30.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 03:16:37 pm »

Smart Aleck.

I think the tailwind and slightly better weather would have helped a bit.  Plus, since I beat Cody and James by 2 minutes at TOU 1/2, I figure I would beat them by 4 minutes in the marathon- so somewhere between a 2:34:47 to a 2:29:38.  I'll go with the sub-2:30 time!

Whatever Jon!  You can't say that since you beat someone by x-minutes at one distance then you should beat them by x times 2 at double the distance.  There are too many variables (who feels better one day, competition, TRAINING for certain distances, TAPERING, etc.)  I know you are using it as a BALLPARK, which is fine, but you can't pinpoint it to more than a few % off with that ballpark.  Sorry. 
However, I figure you would have run 2:36:00, but you never know....
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 03:45:32 pm »

I'm enjoying how Jon running sub-2:30 is suddenly a "blog feature". I request it! If we drum up enough support, Sasha will make it happen.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 08:23:47 pm »

Can we take a vote if Sasha should put it on the "Top Runners" page?  It would be number 13.  I vote yes!  Vote yes or no.  And if you don't vote, the Board of Directors (aka me) will vote for you in absentia.
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 08:33:27 pm »

I'll take some of the sub 2:30 "blog feature".  Sasha mentioned my time at TOU really can't be used as a prediction for STG, because I didn't go all out.  Even in STG I didn't go all out... I was very conservative the first half, and I could kick myself because I could have had a faster time by several minutes .  But it is what it is and you move on.  I think Jon will do a sub 2:30 soon, and me too.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: