Fast Running Blog
April 27, 2024, 10:09:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Major Megan McClung Memorial 5K/10K  (Read 2027 times)
Sal Gaglio
Lurker

« on: August 11, 2011, 08:18:22 am »

For anyone who may be interested there is a memorial race this weekend, August 13th, in Oak Harbor, WA (NAS Whidbey Island) to honor a fallen Marine.  Major McClung was an avid runner and tri-athelete who was killed December 6th, 2006 by a roadside bomb in Ramadi, Iraq.  She was the first female Marine Corps officer killed in combat and most senior female officer killed in action.  Her family started this run 5 years ago to raise money for the Semper Fi fund, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing assistance to injured and critically ill servicemembers.

I know it's short notice, so if you can't make it this year, please keep this in mind in the years to come.  I will be participating in the deployed event held this weekend here in Afghanistan where I hope to honor the legacy of a fellow Marine.

If participation is out of the question, I would respectfully ask that you take a moment to remember the sacrifices by Major McClung and so many others so that we may all be free to run. 

Semper Fidelis Major
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: