Fast Running Blog
March 29, 2024, 01:31:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suunto M5 Running Pack  (Read 6955 times)
Rob Murphy
Vocal Lurker

« on: May 23, 2011, 08:05:50 am »

So I won this Suunto M5 Running Pack thingy at the Ogden Marathon on Saturday and was wondering if anyone has any comments on the thing? I've never trained with a heart rate monitor before but I would never dismiss out of hand anything that might improve my running.

I noticed that it retails for about $300 on Amazon, so I'm tempted to sell it.

jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 10:33:41 am »

I won a Suunto last year (the actually gave me the women's second place master watch...it's pink!) and it is still in the box!  I have heard they are ok, but the crystal face tends to scratch easily. 
Rob Murphy
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 11:14:44 am »

Ha! I was just looking at the thing. Don't think I will ever use it as I like to keep my running simple.

I really wish they could give away a new Garmin - something almost everyone uses. Steve said he sold his on ebay last year.
Colby
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 01:51:20 am »

Hey Rob,

Suunto, is an amazing watch company. A LOT of military guys wear their watches (including myself). I have no idea about the specific version you have, but Suunto is a quality company. If anything, you can wear the HRM and just track your HR over time. I know from running with Sasha that he uses his mainly just to see patterns, he doesn't run to specifically target certain heart rates. But after tracking for SO long, he knows, depending what his HR was for a run, if he is starting to catch a cold. Pretty crazy.
   Anyway, I like mine just to get an idea of where I am at and see the changes over time. Maybe one day I too will be able to predict my health!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: