Fast Running Blog
April 19, 2024, 09:39:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Frozen Toes"  (Read 2332 times)
dave rockness
Posting Member

« on: April 30, 2010, 12:07:26 pm »

I have an interesting situation going on with my toes.  Maybe someone could shed some light on my situation.  A week ago Monday I ran the Boston Marathon.  That morning I wore my light trainers while waiting for a couple of hours in Hopkington to start.  One thing I noticed as I began walking towards the starting line was that my toes had lost circulation from being a bit cold.  Didn't think much of it at the time (didn't seem unusual).  My thought was within a mile or 2 of running, my toes would warm-up and feel fine.  Interestingly, my toes remained cold through the entirety of the race.  Now, some 11 days later my toes are still feeling a bit numb (kind of like being outside for a few hours on a 19 degree day in tennis shoes).  No real pain, but the circulation has not fully returned back to normal. 

My question:  Is this something I should be concerned about?  Possible nerve damage?  Or having run 26 miles, is this something that just might take a week or two or three to fully recover from?  My legs feel absolutely fine this week, so I have been running.  There is very little pain in my toes- they just feel cold, clammy, a bit tingly, and numb towards the tips.  Thanks in advance for any input.
Mike Davis
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 02:04:40 pm »

I think I'd see the doc about that just to be safe. My hands and feet get cold to the point of pain/numbness every now and then when I'm motorcycling in foul weather. Even at it's worst they are always back to normal within an hour or so after getting out of the cold.   

-Mike

Running without hills is like motorcycling without corners.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: