Fast Running Blog
April 27, 2024, 01:52:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dave Holt  (Read 12765 times)
Fredrick Teichert
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 02:47:38 pm »

i'm just a slow old man, but your blog inspired me to run a little harder during a couple of runs I didn't like very much last week. So there you go. Old guys getting inspired by young guys. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 07:28:51 am »

Fred,
the last thing I am is a young guy - my athletes don't call me coach or whatever, just "old man."
It stings a little  Grin
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 10:08:47 am »

Old man is better than "fat old man" that is what they used to call me. Angry
Joe Furse
Posting Member

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 02:10:56 pm »

well Holt is an old man compared to me, but man, he can kick my trash anyday.  Back when I was a junior (?) in high school he was the girls distance coach at Hurricane, but he really helped motivate and encourage me...and still does with those astronomical mileage totals and running like a deer ahead of me in the USG last year (except, according to the "antelope" thread I'm convinced he can run longer).  I would say that he is one of the reasons I have kept with it through high school and since, even if I did take a few weeks hiatus recently.  Anyway, Holt is pretty much one of my idols.  I even have a little statue of him on my dresser with incense and candles all around it and a little silk cloth to cover it and I do rain dances around it every night.  Er...wait...maybe I shouldn't have said that. Undecided
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 03:49:11 pm »

Urr... that makes me just a little uncomfortable Joe!
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 08:37:18 pm »

Joe you too? I thought I was the only one Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: