Fast Running Blog
June 04, 2024, 09:13:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New search engine for Runner, Bikers and TRI'er  (Read 2592 times)
Dean Warner
Lurker

« on: March 02, 2009, 12:20:17 pm »

Making a search engine for athletic events has been a two project of mine.  We are have a lot of fun working on it and I would really appreciate any feedback you can give me to make it better.   

The address is www.stinkyfeetevents.com

Thanks.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 12:33:31 pm »

Wow, I'm impressed. It's an excellent search engine. It even has the First Dam Run here in Logan, and other po-dunk races.  Grin

Great job.
Tyler
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 03:55:18 pm »

I'm also impressed, and I'm harder to impress than Paul Smiley   

My one suggestion would be to make the geographic searches a one-click deal. Instead of clicking on a state, or several states and then "Search", just link each state to search. I think the multi-state search is cool, but I'm a lazy web user, and the extra click takes too much out of me Wink.   My guess is that the vast majority of your users will be searching within a small geographic area anyway.

But very cool and well done!
Dean Warner
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 09:26:32 am »

The geographic search is tricky and I agree there is plenty of room for improvement. We have toyed with the idea of doing a search off zip codes, but we are weighing out the added value.  Thank you very much for your feedback.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: