Fast Running Blog
April 27, 2024, 04:57:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New pain in left leg -- need help  (Read 3076 times)
Eric Day
Posting Member

« on: January 19, 2009, 09:58:26 am »

Hi everybody.

On my long run this last saturday, I got this pain on my left leg:

Just below my left calf, a little to the right. Don't know if its muscle, tendon, or anything else. The movement where I feel the worst pain is: standing up, if I bend the left knee just slightly and then try to lift my ankle (like pushing off or start running).

If anybody has ideas on what it is and/or what to do, please let me know!
Thanks.
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:18:56 am »

After doing more research, this is what I believe I have: Calf Strain on the Gastrocnemius Muscle.

RICE & heel pads again, plus stretching exercises.

Won't I ever learn?!!

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:13:04 pm by Eric Day » Logged
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 10:30:25 am »

Sounds like you are pretty much spot on with your analysis.  A few years ago (2005 and 2006) I had this happen to me while training for St. George.  Both times it took me a while to recover, although this depends on how severe the injury is.  In my case, I felt a popping sensation in my calf, followed immediately by severe pain.  From my experience, this was brought on by running too much too fast.
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:45 am »

Well, after a few days rest (all of this week) my calf strain is leaving. The pain is very low and only with a couple of leg positions. Have not tried any running for the moment, will wait for saturday.

Also, I happy to inform that my achilles tendon's are also very happy with the few 'days off';

This saturdays run will be a short and easy one, just to get the feeling again and 'test' my leg.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: