Fast Running Blog
April 29, 2024, 04:32:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there hope?  (Read 5393 times)
ktjo
Lurker

« on: October 25, 2007, 02:36:10 pm »

I looked into the benifits of cod oil, because Jossie said it was something she took everyday.   
I have a 10 year old that has hydrocephalus and has had 23 brain sugeries because of  shunt problems. She also has had several very long grand mal seizures. (she had one that lasted 3 hrs and almost took her life) As her worried sick mother I have looked into everything she has been through and why. There are some things that do not make any sense to me. One is that she was %100 normal untill she was about 7 then it is like she stopped learning. Her long term memory is fine but short term is shot. She can walk fine for the most part.
I have read that the nerons in the brain can heal and be repaired over time.
Avri's problem is that she had not had time in between surgeries to let them repair.
So my thinking is!
This cod oil is supose to help with nerons in the brain along with other brain functions, also running is supose to help mind functions.
I was thinking, I am going to get her out walking daily and start her on some of this oil and see if it improves her mind. I am going to keep a jornal on her so I can track any progress she may have.
Am I grasping at straws?       
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »

I give both my kids oils, my daughter, who is in a wheelchair, I give her punkinseed oil (I did bio-feedback with her and this is what her body needed) my son I use the fish or cod liver oils with.  With you daughter I would use a fish oil as well as a blend of the omega 3-6-9's.  Some kids will take the oils and some won't, they do have kids one at the health food store.  With my son I mix them in a drink so he can't taste them.  I also get the lemon favor fish oils.  I think everything is worth a try.
Kim Cusick
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 07:55:53 pm »

I don't know anything about your child's issues, but as the mother of a liver transplant recipient I want to give you some kind of support. It is not easy having a child who is sick. My daughter had her transplant when she was a year old, she'll be 22 in July. We're lucky and she's doing well. Even now, if she gets sick I freak out!

Hugs to you both,
Kim

ktjo
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 02:37:26 pm »

I forgot about posting this!

I just wanted to post and let anyone know who my be curious!  My daughter has shown tons of improvement. Just monday she peddled her two wheeler around two full times.  Her reading has moved from pre-k to 1 in the last few months.  She has been on pre-k for the last 5 years.  She can say all her abc's and the sounds. This is just in the last couple of months.

I just talked to her teacher yesterday and because she is improving for the first time and not back slidding or at a stand still they would like her not to go to summer school this year. Instead she will be home and they would like us to work on her getting more physically fit and then see if her brain activity is more increased with the next year of school. (They said to work on her bike and any other activites we have been working on.)

I was told her right to left brain function was damaged and would never work but the peddling of a bike even if it was only twice around. That was four right to left functions.

I don't know why all the sudden she would be having so much improvement.  After 10 years I have added fish oil to her diet and more physical activity and this is the first time she is progressing.     
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 03:20:06 pm »

Congratulations!
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 04:07:57 pm »

The power of nutrition is amazing as well as phyical activity!  That is so great KT.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: