Fast Running Blog
June 25, 2024, 12:47:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POST TURKEY Day 20 miler (or less if you choose)  (Read 4403 times)
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« on: November 16, 2008, 07:01:53 pm »

We are planning a 20 mile run in Lehi for the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  We will meet at a parking lot in the middle and run 5 miles to Camp Williams (this is a hilly portion) where we will have a water stop.  We will then run back to the parking lot where everyone can fuel up and get drinks at their own cars.  After that we will head 5 miles in the opposite direction towards Utah Lake.  This is very flat and their is a campground and a park with porta potties.  We will have another water stop 5 miles out (mile 15) and then we will head back to the parking lot where we will have some kind of a finishing treat (muffins or something tasty).  ANYONE is welcome to come.  If you do not want to run the full 20, you can do the first 10, or 12 or 14 or whatever you choose!  Because it is essentially two out and back runs, you can basically make it however many miles you want for the day.  It is a great trail and we will have a great time!!!

Here are directions to the parking lot where we will begin (a time will be announced LATER):

South bound I-15 take exit 282, continue south on US-89 (State St) for 0.5 mi.

North bound I-15 take exit 282 (1200 West), turn left (west), go under freeway overpass and south onto US-89 (State St) for 0.5 mi.

Turn right at 1500 N(Chevron Gas Station).

Travel west for 2.0 miles to Jordan River.

JRP access is just before the bridge.  A small unpaved parking area is on the south side (pull off to the left) of the road.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:46:56 pm »

You didn't post a start time.  I'd go if we could get people there to do a hard workout within the 20 miler and if we start early enough.  If I'll be on my own anyway, then I might as well be running alone close to home.
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 08:46:16 am »

You didn't post a start time.  I'd go if we could get people there to do a hard workout within the 20 miler and if we start early enough.  If I'll be on my own anyway, then I might as well be running alone close to home.

I am waiting until it gets closer to pick a start time, kind of going with what most people want.  I believe TylerS and Kellie are coming (last I heard) so you could definitely get in a hard workout.  And I know my husband would be game for a hard workout with you leading!!!  There will be people of all ability levels and so I would think you could get what you wanted out of it for sure.  Talk to Tyler.
allie
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 09:08:50 am »

i am IN!! keep me posted on the start time and i will be there. thanks!
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 01:07:53 pm »

We are thinking 8 so everyone has time to get there without having to get up too early.  What do you guys think??  Open to suggestions either way.  We want to make it work for everyone who wants to come.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 06:43:32 pm »

I just can't start that late.  If it starts later than 7am I am out Undecided  I would prefer 6am to 7am.  I understand your logic, though Kelli. 
Jose Jimenez
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 12:49:25 pm »

8am works for me.  Hopefully the weather cooperates...
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 10:56:56 am »

Looks like the majority want 8 (from e-mails and my blog).  Sorry Michelle!!!!  Have a good run whatever you do Saturday.
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 03:57:49 pm »

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME!!!!  Hope you had fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: