Fast Running Blog
April 29, 2024, 11:46:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running Boards  (Read 3843 times)
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« on: October 14, 2008, 09:45:03 am »

I have to brag about my big accomplishment.  I'm a terrible mechanic, but I decided I wanted to take the running boards off of my pick-up truck yesterday. Sounds simple enough, right.  Anyway, I was surprised to find the number of bolts, screws, nuts, and washers holding the things on.  I got my limited supply of tools out and started my watch, I figured I would get a good split on taking the first one off, and then try to do the second one faster (I know this sounds like some type of competition Sasha would be doing)  Well, I found myself quickly in trouble as my pace began to slow, and I pretty much cramped up laying under the truck trying to work with my hands above my head.  I had to battle mud, dirt, and grease falling in my eyes, but 68 minutes later I had the first running board off. I went inside took 5 minutes recovery to get a drink, use the bathroom, stretch my neck and back out, then I restarted the watch and got right after it.  The second one came off in 57 minutes, so a nice improvement.  Once I was finished I was pretty pleased with the new look it gave my truck, and more thrilled to know that I have other skills and job options than having to work on a vehicle
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 02:23:54 pm »

Pretty intense!  Glad you were able to pull off the negative split!
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »

Nice. I don't even know what a running board is.

My mechanical victory yesterday was changing my car battery. I got this strange substance called "dirt" on my soft, fragile hands in the process, and it somehow made me feel more manly.
Paul (RivertonPaul)
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 03:42:48 pm »

New blog opportunity:  FastRunningBoards.com
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 03:45:24 pm »

Nice. I don't even know what a running board is.
Well duh!  This is a running board.....something for runners to post messages to one another on.  Geez!    Tongue 
But I didn't know trucks had one, much less two.  Must be one of those kinda fancy optional accessories.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: