Fast Running Blog
June 25, 2024, 01:02:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TCM USATF Marathon Championships  (Read 3300 times)
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« on: October 05, 2008, 12:41:10 pm »

Sounds like the weather was terrible...which is exactly the beauty of the new OTQ standards. The top 10 guys all qualified for the 2012 Trials with 10th Place finishing in 2:21:55. The USATF got it right. Looks like Logan finished in 2:37:02. Way to stick it out Logan!!!
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:26:47 pm »

Yeah, weather sounded terrible. Surprised (but glad) to see the Top 10 rule take effect already for OTQ.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 04:49:31 pm »

Remarkable that the 10th guy to make it was 5 seconds under the time cutoff!  Sean - Looks like your training partner Mike Sayenko ran quite a race and got his qualifier...congrats to him.
Jeff (jeff.fastrunningblog.com) ran a 2:44:11 in the Master's division.  Quite excellent efforts all around considering the day...
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 09:24:25 am »

Yes...Mike Sayenko and I exchanged e-mails after the race and he was pretty happy. I think he was more happy about the $5500 in cash he won. For him, qualifying for the Trials again was a given so the consolation prize of getting in the top 10 under 2:22 was not all that exciting. He was in excellent shape going in and I though he was probably capable of a 2:15 under ideal conditions. Now he just needs to get recovered so he can help us out at CC Club Nats.
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 01:06:07 pm »

Yeah, the weather was horrible which is all the more impressive how those top guys and gals (Open and Master's) threw down those times. 

The course is fair if not challenging and the weather did not help matters, at least for me.  Mentally and physically after about 18M I was just not going in the right direction.  To get 13th overall Master was actually suprising.  I am happy with the result, but sure wanted that top 10 finish.  Kudos to Dennis S. for a smoking time and the other 11 "old" guys who beat me...you guys rock!

Kudos as well to Logan and Seth for their efforts.  While not what they envisioned either, we at least get to say we ran in a US Championship race!

P.S. Thanks for the love, Dale!
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 02:42:22 pm »

I'm not worthy....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: