Fast Running Blog
March 29, 2024, 09:29:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping track of Wind Trainer miles  (Read 2921 times)
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« on: October 02, 2008, 04:45:01 am »

Hi everyone. I bought a wind trainer about a week or two ago, and have used it a couple times. With so many grad school classes it's been tough for me to fit in any jogs, but the wind trainer allows me to train any time. I like it a lot, and it's a huge workout as you have to constantly pedal. I sweat a lot more on it than even doing my hard bike rides outside. I was thinknig of using a set ratio of mph for this so that I could get some sense of just how many miles I'm biking indoors. I know they're not the same as outside miles, but I like the idea of seeing progression in miles over the winter. And it makes me feel productive, since I am feeling very lazy as of late! Any suggestions ? Maybe 20mph?
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:14:43 pm »

I would go by HR. 10 minutes with the HR you normally reach running at 10:00 pace = 1 mile. Similar logic for higher HR.
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 05:12:22 am »

Yeah I guess I was kind of doing that, but I don't have a heart rate monitor. So it's all by feel. ALl I know is that it's a lot harder per minute than biking on the roads. i.e. a 1 hour spin ride takes a lot more out of my legs than a 90 minute ride on the roads.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: