Fast Running Blog
April 29, 2024, 02:02:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video of Craig Passing Lance Armstrong at Boston 08  (Read 4042 times)
Paul (RivertonPaul)
Posting Member

« on: September 26, 2008, 02:10:37 pm »

For those who have not yet seen it, here is the link Craigs Boston 08 race report. 

http://craig.fastrunningblog.com/blog-04-21-2008.html

The video link of Craig (wearing the red singlet) running with and passing Lance Armstrong is at:

http://wbztv.com/video/?id=61668@wbz.dayport.com
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 02:32:56 pm »

Yes!  Nice job Craig.
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:12:13 pm »

It was a good experience. I have to hand it to Lance- he ran a good negative split at Boston, which most people don't. In the first half, his buddy running next to him kept asking if he wanted to speed up, and he kept saying "no, I'm good". He stuck to the plan and picked it up at mile 13.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 05:38:30 pm »

That was awesome seeing you pass Lance!  I was cheering you on and telling my husband, "That's my running buddy passing Lance Armstrong!"  Paul could hear the announcers gabbing and asked if he said Craig's name, and I said, "No, they're all focused on the star, not on the half dozen people passing him."  Way to finish strong Craig! (But don't blow me away in front of the crowds at the very end of St. G, ok?)
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 06:43:24 pm »

I have to admit that if it were me I'd be trying to run elbow to elbow with Lance and asking him about the Tour. I'd probably talk his ear off so he'd want to speed up way before mile 13 Smiley. I'm just that energetic about competitive cycling and marathoning. Man imagine the insight he could give me after having run so many tris and 'thons and winning the tour 7 times. I can't wait for 2009!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: