Fast Running Blog
April 20, 2024, 03:43:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SportTracks  (Read 4465 times)
Paul (RivertonPaul)
Posting Member

« on: August 21, 2008, 02:39:54 pm »

Does anyone use Sporttracks (http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/) or any similar program?  I used to use it regularly before I lost my Garmin forerunner 301 data cable.  Wondering if there are any other such programs bloggers use and like.
Carolinarunner
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 10:23:22 am »

I like Sport Tracks. It's free- so you can't complain much. The controls are different than usual - they are on the left lower side of the screen. And the little downward arrows in the windows offer different viewing options for graphs and such. It's nice to be able to track equipment use as well. Personally, I prefer the Polar Protrainer software, so far. It's the easiest to learn and it's very flexible as far as what is shown and manipulating and making custom graphs. The auto upload feature on the Garmin 405 and 50 (what I currently have) is really nice and sleek. After my run, my data is uploaded even as I simply walk towards my computer. Unfortunately, Sport Tracks doesn't offer this.
Chris M
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 08:19:36 am »

If you are a Mac user there is a piece of software called Ascent which works with Garmins. It is free - you only pay if you want to store more than 10 workouts on your computer. Just google for it.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 04:24:05 pm »

Use the Fast Running Blog. I would never ever in my life want to make any decisions based on the data automatically gathered from the Garmin with no thorough proof-reading. Which you may just as well do manually.

Take that back - one time I lost my cell phone during a VPB and used the data from the Garmin to locate it. The Garmin software made it easier.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 10:43:35 am »

Wasn't that last year during Del Sol?  And didn't you call that "geo-caching?" Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: