Fast Running Blog
April 19, 2024, 01:18:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Women runners--sports bras and running skirts??  (Read 12525 times)
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« on: August 02, 2008, 02:42:29 pm »

I have tried so many different sports bras, but have yet to find one that really works for me.  Any suggestions??  I should add that I am a 36 D, so now you can see where the problem is!  It makes running difficult, but i just keep at it!  I would greatly appreciate any information on the best brands, places to buy, etc.

As far as running skirts go, I love them!  BUT, I have yet to find one with long enough shorts underneath to prevent my thighs from rubbing!  I do not have big legs (well, for a runner maybe I do---they are genetically a little like a gymnasts legs), really, but the inner thighs rub a little so I need the shorts underneath the skirt to be a little longer.  Actually, now that I typed all of that out, they are long enough as is, they are just not tight enough to stay put (see---I do not have big legs per se!)  Again, I would welcome any input on your favorites!

THANKS!!
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 05:41:39 pm »

I have found for sprots bras for the lager chested is to double up and use alot of runners lube.  I wear  two of the champion seemless.  They carry them at Sprots Authority or Target has them for a good price.
Jeff Linger

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 10:18:05 pm »

Get some Body Glide?
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 02:42:01 pm »

Get some Body Glide?

You are not a woman, I am pretty sure!! 

BUT I did buy some body glide at Wasatch Running yesterday.  All of the skirts were the same, so they suggested I try Body Glide.  I guess I could just stick with my running shorts, I never have a problem with them.  But the skirts are so cute...my husband likes to chase my skirt!
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 02:47:25 pm »

I have found for sprots bras for the lager chested is to double up and use alot of runners lube.  I wear  two of the champion seemless.  They carry them at Sprots Authority or Target has them for a good price.

Thanks.  Those are my 15 year olds favorite bras, as well.  I tend to go for something with an underwire, but they are all Champion.  I used to wear two, maybe I should try that again.
Jeff Linger

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 10:52:55 pm »

Get some Body Glide?

You are not a woman, I am pretty sure!! 

Men have been known to chaff too here and there. More there and there than here or here. LOL. No worries, I read just about any post that comes down the line, but I'll try to keep to my own pack from here out.  Grin
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 03:37:01 pm »

/quote]

Men have been known to chaff too here and there. More there and there than here or here. LOL. No worries, I read just about any post that comes down the line, but I'll try to keep to my own pack from here out.  Grin
[/quote]

Oh heavens NO!!!  Feel free to comment about sports bras and running skirts any time you want!  I am not sexist!

I used body glide today, BUT it kind of did not work.  See, the little tight spandex shorts underneath the skirt fit when i start running, they just ride up around mile 5 (or earlier if I decide to run through sprinklers).  I think it kind of rubbed off before I needed it.  Oh well, I will live with the chafing or just get bigger legs so I can hold the shorts down.

And, if your chafing is anything like my husbands, I feel for you!!!  Chafing there and there is not pleasant.
Jeff Linger

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 06:45:23 pm »

So ... get rid of the spandex. Body glide works, but only when its order is not too tall. I'm not sure how these skirts are made, but the shorts (for men ... I imagine its the same for women) are made with built in undies. Ergo, you wear the shorts alone. The problem you're encountering would be the male equivalent of wearing a boxer brief. Anything that can bunch will do so on any runs over a few miles. Add to that that its summer time and your bunched material is now taking on water. You don't stand a chance in this situation. Am I on the right track here?
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 01:23:26 pm »

So ... get rid of the spandex. Body glide works, but only when its order is not too tall. I'm not sure how these skirts are made, but the shorts (for men ... I imagine its the same for women) are made with built in undies. Ergo, you wear the shorts alone. The problem you're encountering would be the male equivalent of wearing a boxer brief. Anything that can bunch will do so on any runs over a few miles. Add to that that its summer time and your bunched material is now taking on water. You don't stand a chance in this situation. Am I on the right track here?

The skirts have the compression type shorts under them (I do not know what they are called---that is what my husband calls them, but the spandex thingies).  So they are longer than the built in undies that you get inside shorts.  Maybe I can just hike the built in shorts up a little when I start, apply the body glide, and run.  I will try that?  They do have skirts with the built in undies instead of shorts, but I am not that brave!

Now, aren't you glad you are a man and you do not have to deal with all of this nonsense about running skirts and sports bras???  (Actually, my husband is a body builder turned runner so we deal with the same thing when trying to find him good running shorts with decent built in compression shorts and a POCKET).

I am still waiting for your advice on the bra!?!  Kidding.  Thanks for your help, really!  I am just going to probably stick with the body glide and keep experimenting!  Your feedback has been great---man and all!
Jeff Linger

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 03:13:31 pm »

Well, you could do what I do in the day time ... lose the shirt and get a tan. At night I rub the glide o'er ye ole nipples and go. I'm pretty sure either way isn't going to cut it.  But back to the shorts/skirts/compression/undies/etc. When I was first getting back into running after 15 years off I asked the guy at the store about winter running tights. I said, look, when I'm doing a speed workout I need something that doesn't flap around much or drag in the wind. Do I just wear these tights? Do I wear shorts over the tights? What's the protocol here? He said, "it is always function over form, but that is not to say that form isn't important. But if you can't perform properly, it really doesn't matter what you're wearing or what you look like."
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 03:40:09 pm »

OH MY!!  I think running shirtless might cause an accident or two!!!  But a tan would be nice...

Function over form, nice thought.  But, I tell ya, those running skirts are just so cute.  Ya have to admit that---my husband loves them!  And, I have really nice legs to show off, really!  But, okay, dang it!!!  I will just wear shorts, I have no issues with my shorts, I do not even need the body glide there!  I will show off my legs in the shorts, although it is not nearly as CUTE!!!

Jeff Linger

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 11:54:56 pm »

Wear the skirt around the house!
Ruth Hilton
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 08:40:06 pm »

Bestform High Impact bras are really good. My sister who is a 32C stopped playing soccer because of the bouncing, but started up again after she found these.

Along the lines of sports bras:
Does anyone know of any bras that don't chafe along the bottom? I have permanent sores along there and I'm getting sick of it.
jtshad

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 02:22:35 pm »

Get some Body Glide?

But the skirts are so cute...my husband likes to chase my skirt!

My wife loves the SkirtSport brand running skirts and I too like to chase her skirt when she runs.  She wears the type with the "spankies" rather than the compression shorts and has not had a problem with chafing or using bodyglide. 
Bonnie
Posting Member

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 07:08:52 pm »

Ruth -- the champion seamless bras are great, any of the cotton ones that have "layers" on the bottom are unpleasant (for me). 
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: