Fast Running Blog
April 29, 2024, 02:24:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm tired/ I'm injured  (Read 2699 times)
Jeff Linger
Frequently Posting Member

« on: July 17, 2008, 01:28:12 pm »

Some pretty basic stuff here, but sometimes things we forget in our pursuit of improvement (note to self). Ways to hold of injuries, ways to spot a potential injury coming down the pipe, and what to do about it. Basically its how to avoid and/or spot overtraining.

http://askcoachjenny.runnersworld.com/?cm_re=HP-_-Running_Blogs-_-Ask%20Coach%20Jenny
Tom
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 02:26:50 pm »

Jeff thanks for posting this link. Seems like a lot of folks right now are in the tired/injured mode and I've been on the hairy edge for quite a while, so this is timely information. I think probably most of us are already aware of much of what it says in the article but it's good to get a reminder to help slap us up side the head and motivate us to run smarter. I have some but not all of the symptoms mentioned here, at least some days I do. I think I may start monitoring my heart rate closer and noting it in my blog entries. I'd kind of forgotten how resting HR can also clue you in on overtraining, although there are usually plenty of other, more obvious indications that we're heading for potential trouble (which I for one am usually happy to ignore Smiley)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: