Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 11:19:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Entry  (Read 3319 times)
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« on: October 08, 2007, 02:31:01 pm »

Hey Sasha, I typed up this big long entry today and when I hit the save button everything closed out.  I totally can't find it.  Do you see it anywhere?  The one on my blog right now is the condensed version I did this morning.  I'm hoping that hitting the "save" button did something to preserve it, as I just don't have time to do it again.  Thanks!  Lybi
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:14:10 pm »

Lybi - I have several different versions of your entry in the update log. I pulled out the latest one. If you are working on a long entry that you want people to read before you are finished, do not use Save Entry, just use Submit. Save Entry does save it, but it makes it private even if there was an entry earlier with comments.

When working on a long entry, hit Submit or Save Entry every 5 minutes or so. If you ever run into a problem with the session timing out, open another tab in the browser, log in using that tab, then hit Reload on the original window. If you ever think you've lost something, do not be in a hurry to retype it - if it made it to the server, it does get logged. Additionally I do periodic backups, so if you hit the backup window, it may be possible to recover an old entry that was accidentally deleted or overwritten.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: