Fast Running Blog
April 26, 2024, 04:57:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Is Your Garmin Setup ?  (Read 5671 times)
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« on: September 19, 2007, 09:15:18 pm »

I received a Garmin 305 for my birthday last May.  I just started using it for running on September 1st.  I was curious how other people have set their's up to benifit them the most.  Here are my settings: autolap - every mile.  display - time of run, distance, & last mile split. 

Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:11:08 am »

I have the 205. I go with mile autolap, and then total time, distance, current pace, and average lap pace for my standard view. I have alternative configurations that I can scroll to (since you can have three configurations). One has lap time instead of overall time, so I use that for interval workouts. Another setting lets me quickly access the elevation and average pace for the entire run. For races, I force it to only show overall time and lap time, so that I don't get distracted by all the other numbers.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 08:17:23 am »

I have the 305.  I set it up to have Ave Pace, Total Time, Current HR, Total Distance on the main screen.  Another screen is geared towards tempo workouts with lap pace, lap time, lap HR and lap distance.  I set it up to autolap every mile.  On some races, I turn off the auto lap (TOU was one), but only if I can trust the mile markers.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 08:52:22 am »

I have Garmin 305.

My display:

Elapsed time, Current Heart Rate, Total Distance

When running on unmarked courses or in a race, I set auto lap on every quarter.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 08:14:38 pm »

I have the 205.  I also have a few different configurations, but the standard one I use is Time (top two screens), Pace (bottom left) and Distance (bottom right).  The other one I have used in the past is time, lap pace, distance and average pace.  I love my Garmin.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 08:46:28 pm »

Time.  Course, I'm not a GPS slave like the rest of you...
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 10:02:27 pm »

Time.  Course, I'm not a GPS slave like the rest of you...

Oh, but you will be! Someday...
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 11:16:22 pm »

I have a Garmin 205 and I have Time, Average Pace, Distance, Pace, and mile alert setup on mine.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 11:57:52 am »

I forgot to mention that I currently have autolap set up for every mile.  When I ran the Provo Riverwoods 10-miler, I set up the autolap for every 1/4 mile so that I could keep on top of my splits.  I am still not sure if I am going to leave my autolap at 1 mile or go down to 1/4 miles for St. George - I am not sure I want to hear 104 beeps while I am running . . .  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: