Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 06:06:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 35mm negative scans  (Read 6825 times)
baldnspicy
Lurker

« on: February 10, 2010, 11:23:41 am »

I know many of you probably have some awesome running photos that are stuck in negatives or that you'd like to preserve forever digitally.  If you have a few, I'm happy to do them for you for the cost of shipping.  I have a really nice Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED scanner that does an awesome job.  I've been doing our 1000s of negatives, my in-laws, grandparents, etc. over the last year or two.  If you want some done, let me know.  I'll squeeze them in when I can.  If you have a lot to do, I'm happy to do them for a cost, but this isn't the purpose of this post.  I haven't charged anyone to do them and unless I were to setup a business doing them, I hadn't really planned on starting.  I do them most of the time while sitting at home in my den working on my work laptop.  If I don't work from home all week and go into the office, less get done.  If I work from home due to weather (like this week) or just decide to, I get a lot more done.

Figured I'd throw it out there just in case anyone's interested.  The software does an incredible job of cleaning up scratched or old negatives.  Here's a quick sample I threw together a long time ago when I was showing my parents what it could do:  http://www.4sorensens.com/samples.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 11:28:48 am by baldnspicy » Logged
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 08:44:10 pm »

Can it scan X-rays?
baldnspicy
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:34:11 pm »

The model I have will only scan 35mm film or slides.  The 35mm film needs to be 2-6 frames per negative set.  So unless the x-rays are in a 35mm format, then no.  Are they full-size x-rays?
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 07:41:50 pm »

Yes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: