Fast Running Blog
May 01, 2024, 12:30:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: From the inside: BYU is sending a stacked team to Wasatch Back  (Read 11461 times)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 03:14:29 pm »

Unless there have been last minute changes, Nick isn't running.  He is doing the Bear Lake marathon this weekend, I believe.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 04:25:08 pm »

Bonus for us... He's fast! 
Seth Wold
Lurker

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 09:35:40 am »

The one thing that I have learned from racing in big D I NCAA races is that you can't control the other runners or teams.  I really doesn't matter which jersey they are running in.  I hope that everyone is just focusing on the little things in their own training, so we can all do our best in the end.  It will be fun to race with BYU, but I am looking more forward to enjoying running with our FRB guys.  Good Luck. PS are we going to get together before the race for pasta or anything?
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 09:40:52 am »

Good point Seth - that is exactly what I am most excited for.  Actually I really didn't enjoy the running at del Sol at all, but the "team" atmosphere, being a crazy tired idiot, and pulling together to all run well is what made me decide to give relays another try... well all that and of course pancakes.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 10:30:53 am »

Yup, that was exactly my comment at the start of this thread, Seth.  Winning is great, but having fun is more important.

Dave, IHOP must have been quite the experience for you guys...

I think Cody and James will be sending out an email to both teams, but we will be having some sort of gathering Thursday night at my house.  I'm not sure how many people will be there since most will drive up Friday, but everyone is welcome. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:14:07 am by Jonathan Allen » Logged
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 07:30:29 pm »

Oh, we were given the high hat! See last question on last page:

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/2008_Team_Captain_Meeting.pdf

No mention of the Del Sol champions whatsoever...
Cutika99
Lurker

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 10:19:16 am »

I was just reading through the PDF file on the Team Captain Meeting.

"Free indoor sleeping on wrestling mats."

Free ringworm too I'd guess.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 01:22:57 pm »

Lucky for Clyde... he is already immune!  (From his wrestling days - not from growing up in Wayne Co.; that gives you a resistance to a whole other group of things.)
Superfly
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 02:48:53 pm »

Hey. You have to at least go to the WC before you can poke fun at it. Plus I lived in Torrey away from all the rednecks. I had to deal with all the parkies, hippy guys, German tourists, and all the wasted Californians. 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: