Fast Running Blog
April 30, 2024, 03:56:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Poll
Question: Should the blog have a mileage board?
No, get rid of it.
Yes, keep it the way it is.
Yes, but make it running only.
Yes, but have a running only and also make a swimming board, a biking board, a lifting board, a running + cross-training board, etc.
There is a mileage board?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Mileage Board and Alternatives  (Read 17850 times)
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« on: May 21, 2008, 09:25:53 pm »

Please see the discussion in the support section (http://fastrunningblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,324.0.html).
Running vs. Biking.
Adam R Wende

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:27:59 pm »

I guess I forgot, I would also add total time slept, total time spent blogging, total time spent at work and total time spent exercising. This way we could provide goals for a lot of different people... Obviously with this option the choices are endless, I think the key feature is that we do have one pure running board for a running blog, and maybe hash out what additional options others would like...
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 09:43:56 pm »

I know I would not win the total time sleeping, but would have a dang good shot at the total time spent blogging title.
Adam R Wende

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:30:34 pm »

Jon, Don't you already have that with the four stars?
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 07:56:20 am »

Yeah, but Paul is only 2 posts away from getting his 4th star, so then I won't be so special anymore.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 08:12:37 am »

I may not have as many stars because I am not as witty as Jon, but I might snag that most time on the blog title.  Sasha should be able to track that already, though he'd need to make sure he doesn't count time the window is open but no clicking is happening.  If we had such a board I could make new goals like, "Not be above Jon" then the next week, "Not be top 3"  then hopefully some day "Not be top 10".
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 08:33:31 am »

You make it sound as though time on the blog is a bad thing!
Josse

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 10:41:42 am »

You make it sound as though time on the blog is a bad thing!
My husband thinks it is.  And I am pretty sure Michelles does too.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:46:40 pm by Josse » Logged
Adam R Wende

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 01:39:44 pm »

My wife thinks we should be committed. Smiley

Josse

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 02:45:53 pm »

??I'm super committed??    Cheesy
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 02:56:09 pm »

Since I only run (I really should branch out) I voted for keep it for running only.  Honestly, I only look at it when I am having a decent mileage week to see where I fall.  If my miles are down, it is too depressing to see how far down the list I am.
Cal
Lurker

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 03:13:57 pm »

My first thought was that it should be running only.  Then I realized that a big chunk of my miles are on the treadmill, and i began to wonder if those should really count as running.  hmm...      Anyway, for my training it does count.

I don't have a problem with someone else converting their cross-training activity into miles.

I vote to keep it the way it is.
Maria Imas
Lurker

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 03:20:43 pm »

Cal, treadmill miles are still running miles, because you're still running.

I voted to keep the board running miles only, because otherwise it is impossible to compare mileage. People can keep biking, swimming, etc. miles in their own blogs, but the mileage board shoould only count real running miles. Of course, if people blog converted cross training miles as running miles, it won't be pure anyway.
Mark Palamar
Lurker

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 03:24:31 pm »

I voted to keep things the way they are; however I would not be upset if it was made for running only.
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 03:39:49 pm »

I would like to see places to enter miles run and an addition- cross training mileage.  I think since this is a RUNNING blog, they should be kept separate.  However, I have been guilty of putting biking miles under running miles because there wasn't anywhere else to put them and I think its important to track cross training miles.  As Michelle L mentioned though, I don't count the miles as equal.  I look at my time exherted (sp?) and attach a running mileage equivalent to that effort spent on cross training.  It would be easier to have a cross training space to make entries.  But this blog shouldn't have to cover every aspect of our lives, after all- its a running blog! My 2 cents.. thanks... interesting question!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: