Fast Running Blog
April 24, 2024, 04:03:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Find the Lost Sheep  (Read 23047 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: May 16, 2008, 10:09:59 am »

Bloggers:

I am inviting everybody to go after the Lost Sheep to see if we can bring them back into the fold. When you to somebody's blog you will see the Lost Sheep section further down on your right. Those are the runners that have not posted in over a month. As of this writing we have a total of 443 blogs and 189 or 42% of them are in the Lost Sheep status.

Pick a couple and leave them a comment or send them a message. Most of those runners love to run and love the blog, they just have hit a rough patch in their life and training. Some are injured, some think they are too busy to blog, others feel their running is so bad it is not worth blogging. They could us a word of encouragement. Let's give them a hand.  Do not be shy about leaving too many comments or sending too many messages. Maybe one or two fellows might feel annoyed, if they do they can disable the public display of their blog in the worst case (or , better, just start blogging regularly), but most will feel an outpouring of love and support from our community if all of a sudden they see 10 or more personal messages from different people.

Also, do not forget the Lone Faithfuls. Those are the runners that have blogged within the last week but have gotten fewer comments than anybody else. Often those bloggers are a bit shy and we do not naturally notice them. Let's get them involved as well.
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 12:50:47 pm »

Sasha - I loved the "kick in the pants" you sent Mike Kirk.  Do you know if he is still running?  I cannot imagine him stopping unless he was injured or something.  I was half hoping to check the Ogden results this weekend and see his name there.

Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 11:15:26 am »

I have not seen him in any races.
Andrea Birch
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 07:50:13 am »

Thanks for the reminder Sasha.  I know it puts a smile on my face when I get a comment on my blog!
Brad Taylor
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 05:13:55 pm »

I am a testament to what Sasha is preaching.  I was blogging consistently from about August 2006 to January 2007.  I had a purpose for blogging--I was preparing for a marathon.  Then because my mileage decreased and I didn't have a singular purpose driving my running, I just kind of stopped blogging. 

Quite honestly, it can be a bit intimidating on the blog when your mileage from three of your running days combined look like a slow morning run for others.  There are all the individual accomplishments, PRs, training schedules, etc plus all the technical talk that also intimidates.  VO2 Max?, I thought.  Is that related to VO5 Shampoo?  Then as my running days went from 4 or 5 to only 2 or 3, I almost felt guilty (or unworthy) to post such rubbish on the blog.  So I stopped. 

In April or May of this year, Sasha dropped me a quick email that simply said, "How's the running?  We'd love to see you back on the blog."  It got me thinking about the blog and my running.  I came to realize that my blog isn't for everyone else, it's for me (Yeah, I know, not exactly a burning bush type revelation).  And if nothing else, it could serve almost a short journal of this part of my life for my two boys (like Big Plates vs. Little Plates in the Book of Mormon for those who follow). 

Anyway, I know I've been back for a whopping 3 weeks, but I definitely enjoy being back.  I've also found that blogging about the runs and reading other blogs has helped me stay motivated, pushes me, and keeps me honest about my running. 

Now if we can call on someone to lead us in a hymn and prayer, I'll get down from the podium and we can all skip a Church meeting or two on Sunday.  Smiley
Kim Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 11:12:44 am »

Great post Brad!  I agree that the blog, (and the mileage board!), are there to help me stay honest to myself and be a help for me!  I also like it for the "big plates" idea!  So I will just say, "Amen"!  BTW:  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks "shampoo"!
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 05:27:26 pm »

Oh, and I thought RivertonPaul just liked me!!!  But thanks for inviting me back, it will and has motivated me for all of one week.  But I will keep at it!
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 11:57:30 am »

I agree with all. This blog (I'm very new at this) is inspiring and helps to keep pushing forward. As a 'lone' runner, this is great help. Not many runners around here to cheer one up. Lets keep everybody on board!

Cheers!
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 04:40:48 am »

I haven't seen a lot of buddies I had when I started blogging in 2007. Found one on facebook though. Paul's not "out to pasture" like his status still says. He's still running. Anyone here about Ian L. I think it was? He did a marathon in Morocco and then I never heard from him again.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 07:35:35 am »

I know, what is up with Ian not blogging.  I so enjoyed his posts, it was like virtual expatriatism.  I PM'ed him a while ago and got no response.  I hope everything is well with him and his family.
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 10:02:11 pm »

He had a calf or hamstring issue right after the marathon I think and then boom.. off the face of the earth Sad. I loved his blog too. I love reading everyone else's runs. They seem so much more interesting than my own lol
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 10:13:22 pm »

Could be a mental and physical break which is good for all of us to do at some point.
Becky Finger
Lurker

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 02:00:54 pm »

So I'm thinkin' that since I've only been on here a couple of days,
I ought to be able to bring back my very own lost sheep, like maybe
someone who signed up five days ago Roll Eyes
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 07:01:17 am »

Can someone help please? I have 2 accounts. My laptop got fried this summer so I have been MIA since June. I went to log in using the username and pw I thought I had but I couldn't get onto my page. It says error username not found. But somehow it still let me get onto the Message Board. Help!

Benn Griffin
jamminlongtime@yahoo.com
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 07:41:23 am »

found it! woah am I getting old! sorry for the confusion. all set now!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: