Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 09:51:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good pump-up video  (Read 6453 times)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« on: September 25, 2007, 08:54:34 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7A_QUlMbvY
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:57:40 pm »

I can't get over that Billy Mills finish.  Such an amazing feat. Thanks for posting. El-G has some WHEELS!!!
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:56:21 pm »

I have probably watched the clip of Billy Mills a dozen times and I still get goose bumps.  I remember a movie from the 1980's, "Running Brave" I think was the name of it.  It was a biography of Mills. I have not seen it anywhere since.  I guess I could look for it online.

Oh I found it at IMDB.com.  Here is the link - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086220/
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 10:58:54 pm by Scott Zincone » Logged

Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:59:28 am »

I have probably watched the clip of Billy Mills a dozen times and I still get goose bumps.  I remember a movie from the 1980's, "Running Brave" I think was the name of it.  It was a biography of Mills. I have not seen it anywhere since.  I guess I could look for it online.

Thanks for the movie tip Scott. "Running Brave" is now on my Netflix queue. I will be watching that, Chariots of Fire, and Hoosiers during my final taper week!
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 09:04:01 am »

Don't forget about "Prefontaine" either . . .
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:38:24 am »

Don't forget about "Prefontaine" either . . .

Pre movies always get me depressed, so I avoid them. He takes 4th in the Olympics and then dies every time...
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 12:12:56 pm »

Yeah, what's up with Pre movies? Can't they make one where he emerges from the ashes of his crushed MG unscathed, trains like a demon with a young Jack Daniels, crushes all comers to set WR's in the 5k in the '76 games,  moves up to the Marathon distance and is the first guy under 2:06, retires from running on top, creates a hugely  successful national program to encourage young people to run (thus avoiding an obesity epidemic), gets elected to the board of Nike and makes millions, quits in protest over the conditions of nike manufacturers' in the Third World, sells all of his worldly possessions, moves to India to do volunteer work with Mother Theresa, and then spends the remainder of his years meditating in an ashram?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 12:19:25 pm »

Yeah, what's up with Pre movies? Can't they make one where he emerges from the ashes of his crushed MG unscathed, trains like a demon with a young Jack Daniels, crushes all comers to set WR's in the 5k in the '76 games,  moves up to the Marathon distance and is the first guy under 2:06, retires from running on top, creates a hugely  successful national program to encourage young people to run (thus avoiding an obesity epidemic), gets elected to the board of Nike and makes millions, quits in protest over the conditions of nike manufacturers' in the Third World, sells all of his worldly possessions, moves to India to do volunteer work with Mother Theresa, and then spends the remainder of his years meditating in an ashram?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm wanting! Reality is too much of a downer.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 01:28:57 pm »

Another argument for a runner to completely abstain from alcohol. With his talent, he probably would have done all that, or something equally remarkable. The sad thing, there are so many runners we never even hear of with Pre-like potential, that we would definitely know about had they been taught and given reason to stay away from alcohol from a young age.
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 07:31:08 am »

Paul, Thank you for sharing that. I actually watched Running Brave the week before TOU. I had never seen the real footage. The movie doesn't do justice to the comeback he was able to accomplish. Still a good movie though. Another movie that I like and watched before TOU is Saint Ralph. There is a training scene towards the end that always gets me going. Another one that I have but haven't watched in awhile is Endurance a documentary film about Haile Gebrselassie. -Adam
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 08:12:40 pm »

Interesting website add: http://www.wearenotjoggers.com/home
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: