Fast Running Blog
April 30, 2024, 09:44:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Remember Me" -- persistent cookie  (Read 3395 times)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« on: March 12, 2008, 08:54:39 am »

Jon will make fun of me for using a technical term here, but I think it would be really nice to have a "Remember Me" checkbox on the login that leaves a cookie with no timeout on my browser. I don't really like having to login every time I reopen my browser. The message board already has this feature, but the blog itself does not. Also, I think this might solve the problem of getting "kicked out" of the blog in the middle of post. I think people know what I'm talking about here: you write a nice, detailed post, click "Submit", and you end up on the Blog front page with your post completed nuked.

Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:11:02 am »

Agreed, though I will have to be careful to not write an entry in my wife's name.

Paul, I didn't really see any technical terms there, anyways, so can't say anything.  When I hear "remember me", I think more of flowers and greeting cards and stuff like that, rather than technical things.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 09:18:26 am »

Paul, I didn't really see any technical terms there, anyways, so can't say anything.  When I hear "remember me", I think more of flowers and greeting cards and stuff like that, rather than technical things.

Well, "cookie" and "timeout" are technical terms. I thought it might incur your wrath.

Good point about those who share computers with blogging spouses. I guess they could just uncheck the "remember me" checkbox if it's an issue.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:34:22 am »

If there is a "remember me" feature, there has to be an obvious "log out" button near it.

Remember me = relationships, cookie = food, and time out = sports (or young children).  Nuthin technical about it.  Though I may be gaining understanding into why my wife thinks I have an overly simple thought process...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: