Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 11:02:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: running pain  (Read 5338 times)
Michelle
Lurker

« on: March 06, 2008, 09:15:35 am »

I need some help with some pain I'm having in the left hip area.  I've had bursitis in the right one and it's different than that and an inch or two higher and just slightly to the midline of the body.  I can feel the area tighten up at times when I run into a charlie hoarse type spasm and then it eases a bit.  Anyone with an idea would be greatly appreciated!  I took 4-5 days of last week and then ran on monday 2 miles and then 3.4 miles yesterday followed with a lot of stretching and heat and ice and this morning walking is very painful.   It really hits the spot when I go up stairs and all the weight is placed on the injured leg.  Would love some input, thanks!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:20:06 pm by Sasha Pachev » Logged
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:29:21 am »

You might want to use the pictures on this site:

http://www.painclinic.org/musclepain-backhipbuttockleg.htm

to try to figure out exactly where you pain is originating so you can better figure out what's going on.
Michelle
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 11:51:54 am »

Thanks Dale after looking at the pictures and further reasearch, I think that it is the tensor fascia lata muscle that is hurting along with pain from the IT band.  I think that the tightness in the IT band must be causing the increased pain and tightness in both areas.  Now the big question?  What can I do to make this tightness go away so I can get back to running?  The majority of the pain comes from the sight of the tensor fascia if I have diagnosed myself correctly.  I do have a foam roller and stretch the IT band a lot but it must need something more for the tensor muscle.  And the stretching that I'm doing in that area that brings on the pain is very severe so should I keep stretching it?
Superfly
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:43:48 pm »

I think Steve Hooper has had a lot of that same kind of pain. However I don't know what he has done for it. I'll try and get him to take a look at this and give you some tips.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 01:05:37 pm »

I'd say stretching with severe acute pain is probably a bad idea.  Better to rest and ice it than to aggravate it with stretching to let it heal a bit first.  Once you get the pain under control and it seems to be healing, you might want to try the stretch they recommend on that site in addition to your other ITB stretches.    Hopefully others will have better suggestions.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 02:27:52 pm »

tensor fascia lata muscle
I'm not help when it comes to answering these questions, but I swear you guys are making up body parts just to mess with us.  Between Paul talking about his ischium and Michelle having problems with her tensor fascia lata muscle, I think I strained my noggin just trying to figure out what is what!
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 02:30:20 pm »

Hey, we posted a link with pictures.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: