Fast Running Blog
April 20, 2024, 01:26:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Poll
Question: What should the new slogan under FastRunningBlog.com be?  (Voting closed: October 02, 2007, 05:11:11 pm)
Keep the old one "Free Training Log for Competitive Runners" - 0 (0%)
"Blog Your Way to Faster Times" - 0 (0%)
"The Online Community for Competitive Runners" - 2 (10.5%)
"Run and Blog Your Way to the Top" - 1 (5.3%)
"Just Blog It!" - 0 (0%)
"Bloggers with a Running Problem" - 2 (10.5%)
"Run. Blog. Improve. Repeat." - 14 (73.7%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: FastRunningBlog.com New Slogan Poll  (Read 12011 times)
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« on: September 24, 2007, 05:57:49 pm »

This came up on another thread started by Paul about making FastRunningBlog.com merchandise or swag as Paul called it. So after talking to Sasha I volunteered to help out and run a poll for the slogan ideas and then when I get a chance this week will start looking at possibilities for a logo contest and what merchandise people would be interested in. ie: singlets, running shirts, hats, etc...

So for now vote on one of the above or post another and I will add it to the poll. I will try and set it up so you can change you vote as it goes so as people come up with others we can see what wins. I guess we will let it run for about a week or so and see what happens.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:12:14 pm »

I actually like both of the ones that have received votes so far, but I guess I am a bit biased with one of them . . .
Superfly

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 08:46:52 pm »

Bloggers with a running problem is pretty good. I think there would be a good market for all the swag or stuff or whatever you would call it. Plus if you had 6-7 guys in the top 15-20 at the STGM with fastrunningblog T shirt on you would have 50 new people sign up the next week.
adam

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 08:20:27 am »

I was trying to think what would be a good way to tie in the two addictions...and that bloggers with a running problem hit it right on. its easy to remember and makes you laugh.
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 09:26:02 am »

"Bloggers with a running problem" is catchy, but very close to the Hash House Harriers longtime slogan, "Drinkers with a Running Problem."

Also, I don't know about the ". . . sleep your way to the top" one.  I mean, this is supposed to be a family safe site, right?

Maybe something that emphasizes the "community" aspect would be good, that seems to be one of the things people like about the site.  Something simple like: "The Online Community for Competitive Runners"

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:33:42 am by Chad » Logged
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 11:49:20 am »

How about, "In Blog we trust?"

or

"Teach Sasha Science!"

or

"Run. Blog. Improve. Repeat."
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 12:31:46 pm »

"Bloggers with a running problem" is catchy, but very close to the Hash House Harriers longtime slogan, "Drinkers with a Running Problem."

Also, I don't know about the ". . . sleep your way to the top" one.  I mean, this is supposed to be a family safe site, right?

Maybe something that emphasizes the "community" aspect would be good, that seems to be one of the things people like about the site.  Something simple like: "The Online Community for Competitive Runners"

I liked this last slogan the best so far.  I would vote for it.

James Winzenz

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 01:47:05 pm »

I like this one too - very catchy!
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 01:56:23 pm »

This is good. Didn't the Ragnar people do something similar on their shirts?  That sounds sort of familiar.
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 02:50:37 pm »

Ok, some good ideas added and I adjusted the poll. You can change your vote so feel free to do so.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 05:53:31 pm »

This is good. Didn't the Ragnar people do something similar on their shirts?  That sounds sort of familiar.

Yes, the Ragnar people had something similar. But in both cases it's a takeoff of various instruction manuals: "Wet hair. Apply Shampoo. Lather. Rinse. Repeat." And so on. It's a phrase structure that is commonly used. Pretty much public domain at this point.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:07:00 pm by Paul Petersen » Logged
James Winzenz

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 06:01:00 pm »

Does anyone else who voted still have the option to remove and/or change their vote?  I don't seem to have that option (I did last night), using either IE or Firefox.
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 06:58:28 pm »

I'm not sure why this is as I had it set to allow people to change their votes but it seems I do not have that option any longer either and I tried to edit the poll but that option is no longer listed under set up as well.

So if you want to change your vote just post it on here and I will keep track.

I'm tracking 4 votes for "Run. Blog. Improve. Repeat." right now, so it is the new leader after a few changed votes.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:01:12 pm by Ted Leblow » Logged
James Winzenz

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 07:43:00 pm »

I am changing my vote to that one from Just Blog It!
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 09:56:41 pm »

Yes, the Ragnar people had something similar. But in both cases it's a takeoff of various instruction manuals: "Wet hair. Apply Shampoo. Lather. Rinse. Repeat." And so on. It's a phrase structure that is commonly used. Pretty much public domain at this point.

I agree with you.  I think it's a great slogan.  I only mentioned the Ragnar thing because some runners may have a shirt with something like that on it.  But it's very catchy.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: