Fast Running Blog
April 29, 2024, 08:27:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The day after the marathon  (Read 5450 times)
Dale
Posting Member

« on: February 21, 2008, 03:45:20 pm »

Oh, I have SO been there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hCuYjvw2I
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:17:05 pm »

Love it!  I love the guy standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking up in pain.  And Logan can relate to the last one!
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 09:56:29 pm »

Ha ha ha ha!  That was so great...  It reminded me of when James ran the SGM the 1st time.  We drove up to Salt Lake right after the marathon, and EVERY time we stopped for food or to get gas, there were several people (including James) hobbling around like broken zombies--most of them barefooted.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:38:38 pm »

Hey now!  I resemble that remark!  Definitely an emphasis on the barefoot part.  You should have seen the looks on the cashiers' faces as they saw these people come hobbling into the store - it must have looked hilarious to them.  However, after my first marathon, it was more than just the day after - more like the first week after.  I did much better this last time around, tho Smiley
Logan Fielding
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 01:10:36 pm »

Jon,

Not funny at all!  Great clip.  It would be nice if us normal people didn't have to get up and go to work the next day or two after a marathon.  It would help just to relax and sleep.  The life of a marathoner!
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:16:26 pm »

These were not exaggerations but exactly how I was after my marathon.  I was holding both rails on my stairs going up and down and my 7 year old son Benji asked me:  "Mom, let me know when you go on the stairs, I want to watch!"  He was disappointed when I starting going up and down the stairs without providing a show.
Dawson Hinton
Lurker

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 02:19:34 am »

That was awsome.  I had a friend that looked like the last guy in the video.  By the time our half marathon was over, I was wondering if he was going to have a nipple left at all!
Kim Cusick
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 07:51:05 pm »

I have this video on my blog! I thought it was an exaggeration...until I ran my 1st marathon 3 weeks ago. I rolled around the house on my computer chair for 2 days!!!! And I LOVED every minute of that marathon. I'd do it all over again, I'd just take a week off work next time!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: