Fast Running Blog
April 30, 2024, 10:07:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily mileage counter for all bloggers combined  (Read 5242 times)
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« on: February 15, 2008, 10:05:30 am »

I think it would be a fun addition to the blog for everyone to be able to see how many miles were run by all the bloggers combined on any given day.  We could keep track of our "record" and see how our mileage increases the total.  I.E.  "I had to go out and run 3 more to put us over the blog record of 368 miles..."  It would encourage the team mentality that is already present on the blog,  I think.   It would be interesting to see the mileage ramp up before the SGM (and way down right after).   What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 10:08:10 am by Lybi » Logged
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 07:36:05 pm »

Cool thought. Our goal should be to get every blogger to run the same marathon on the same day. That would put us over the top!
Dallen
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 08:15:44 am »

That's an interesting idea. I like it.
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 02:08:48 pm »

I guess we should exclude the cross training miles.  Even though they have kept me on the front page of the leader board for 2 weeks now.  But in reality my "running only" miles" would probably only get me onto page 3 or 4.

Fredrick Teichert
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 08:26:08 pm »

Great idea! It would encourage slackers (like me) because we wouldn't want to hear that familiar cry, "Teichert, you're killing us!" Plus it would be fun to see how many pairs of shoes we wear out every day and how long it would take us collectively to get to the moon-- or to infinity and beyond.
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 08:34:29 pm »

I like the way you think, Teichert!  Sasha could put that on the main page--fastrunning bloggers run all the way around the world (5,000 or so miles I think) every month! 
Dawson Hinton
Lurker

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 01:34:43 pm »

I agree as well.  I know I don't contribute that many miles in any given day or week, but it would be cool to know that we had all helped out with the total on those days we did run!!!
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 01:18:38 pm »

Good idea. Will work on it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: