Fast Running Blog
April 30, 2024, 01:47:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blog viewing  (Read 6637 times)
Bob Anderton
Lurker

« on: February 03, 2008, 10:28:54 am »

First, thanks Shasha for putting this site together.  My blog is called Running Wild

It's possible that the following is already possible and I just haven't figured it out, but here goes.

1)  Currently, when you post an entry on Sunday, it becomes the only entry visible on the blog page.  How about having the past 7 entries always be visible?

2)  I don't see any way to look at enteries in someone's blog from previous weeks.  In other words, is there a way to look back to earlier enteries?
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 10:43:54 am »

You can look up at the top of the page and choose month, week, and previous years views.  Hope this is what you were looking for.

Bob Anderton
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 10:50:04 am »

Ah, thanks Scott.  I was failing to recognize the different views at the top of the blog page.

Perhaps I would modify my earlier question to be just:

How about making the default view the past 7 enteries rather than the current week?  (which goes to a single entry on Sunday)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 02:03:00 pm »

Personally, I prefer the week view. But that's just me.
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 04:32:54 pm »

I also like just viewing the week as well.
Bob Anderton
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 09:06:01 pm »

Thanks for expressing the other side of the coin.  I'm at a loss to understand why a view that oscillates from a 1 day view, ramping to a 7 day view, and then dropping back to a 1 day view would be preferred to either a fixed 7 posting view or a rolling 7 day view... but there's a lot in the world I don't understand.  I can accept it and be happy.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 09:33:34 pm »

I think most people like seeing it in 1 week segments (i.e. Sunday thru Saturday), especially where the blog displays the total miles for that week on the page.  It does go from 1 day to 7, depending on what day of the week it is, but easy to keep track of where one week ends.
Adam R Wende

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 08:53:35 pm »

I've had a hard time with this as well. Until I joined the blog my week was always Mon-Sun (for over 10 years, as I have 11 spiral bound Jerome The Complete Runner's... journals on my bookshelf). I'm still coping with the change and continue to log my miles in the journal and a spreadsheet that still starts my mileage on Mon. In fact I've tried to make most weeks the same by trying to keep my first/last run of the week the same distance. However, "When in Rome..."
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 10:08:59 am »

Huh...interesting perspectives. I've always look at my running in terms of a normal calendar. Sunday is at the far left (beginning) and Saturday at the far right (end).
Adam R Wende

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 10:16:21 am »

I think the Sunday end was for two reasons primarily because in track season you started the week with the "work week" also in most other areas of the country marathons are on Sundays so you end the week with your longest run. However, here it makes sense to end on a Saturday for the very same reason.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 10:34:21 am »

because in track season you started the week with the "work week"

No true with me. I started the week with a day off! :p
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: