Fast Running Blog
April 30, 2024, 10:43:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diet  (Read 2805 times)
Aaron Shakow
Lurker

« on: January 31, 2008, 04:21:56 pm »

I'm liking the "sleep" field, though I haven't got around to shifting my template to it. Clearly that's a big factor. But the other biggie is diet, which presents some complexities but maybe not insurmountable ones. It would be cool for example to have a simple quantative scale capturing the type, quality and frequency of food intake. Have a column for meals and a column for snacks, each with a multiplier that describes quality (e.g. for meals fish or chicken, whole grain and vegetable/greens is 1; beef or pork and prepared grain is 0.75; TV dinner is 0.25, etc). Then by holding training constant over a period one could track the relationship between performance and dietary changes.

If one really wanted to get fancy a calorie counter with drop-down lists for various foods would be neat, but maybe that's too much work.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 08:54:40 pm »

Great idea. Calorie counter will take some work, but definitely on the TO DO list once we have enough man power.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: