Fast Running Blog
April 27, 2024, 02:24:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Huntsville or Big Cottonwood Marathon  (Read 6481 times)
Chelsy
Lurker

« on: May 20, 2013, 11:01:39 pm »

Just wondering what would be a better marathon for my first marathon? Anyone ran both of these marathons?
Kam
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 01:51:25 pm »

Nobody has run both these marathons, because they were both brand new last year.  I ran Huntsville, and thought it was fine.  Both start you out at 8000+ feet, and give you a long run down the hill.  Many bloggers feel that it's too much downhill, and your legs get trashed. 

I don't think the courses are appreciably different, so it might be as simple as which one is more convenient location-wise.  I would lobby for Huntsville as a safer and less traveled road if you want to do some training runs on the marathon course.
Chelsy
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 02:22:55 pm »

Thanks Kam, I didn't realize big cottonwood was new last year too. Were there any hills at the end of Huntsville. That's my worry is that I'll finish the downhill portion and be too dead to run any elevated portions. The Elevation chart looks like a pretty gradual downhill all the way just wondered if it is different than what it shows at all? Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: