Fast Running Blog
April 27, 2024, 07:55:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: crosstraining and heart rate  (Read 3234 times)
April G
Posting Member

« on: May 03, 2013, 10:58:21 pm »

I am an aerobic base girl.  I have to have a solid one to function.  I am injured with limitations on crosstraining options.  Does anyone know of an ideal heart rate that works for aerobic maintenance?  160, 140?   I am a 34 year old female if that helps.  As it stands my only option will be an exercise bicycle at some point, hopefully in the next few weeks.  Any idea on time?  one hour a day, two hours?  Pool is not an option due to open wounds and cannot currently use an elliptical or any weight-bearing machine.
Bob
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 07:21:32 am »

Hi April, I read your blog a bit and commend you for not giving up.  I'm not sure where you stand fitness wise right now, but really it doesn't matter.  Obviously, it's going to take some time to determine how much you can do at one time, but I would work up 1-2 hours per day.  Sounds daunting, but it really is not if you have a TV or other distraction. You can break it up or do it all in one sitting if u wish.  You might want to buy some cycling shorts as well.  I use to watch old Tour de France videos.  Nothing pumped me up like watchin drugged cyclists climbing mountains.  I wouldn't worry about pulse.  Mix up the intensity instead and push yourself when you feel like.  Let your mental drive be your guide and think about running a race again.  You'll know if you are slacking too much.  I recommend getting out for a long daily walk as well if u can.  Back a long time ago, runners use to prep for long distance races by walking.  Walking will/should be a part of recovery once you can run or jog again as well. The goal at this point is to get moving on a daily basis and make it enjoyable. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:29:08 am by Bob » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: