Fast Running Blog
March 28, 2024, 04:48:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Chicago Marathon Registration  (Read 19120 times)
Jon Schap
Lurker

« on: February 20, 2013, 04:06:12 pm »

Has anyone been following the 2013 Chicago Marathon Registration debacle that has occurred this week?

Registration was temporarily suspended yesterday and is suspended until at least Friday due to technical issues with the website of the registration service provider.  I was one of the 30000 that got through the registration technical issues yesterday and officially have a spot, eventhough the process took about an hour and I had to enter my info three times.  I am excited to run it!

I am surprised the technical issues occurred given what happened with the Boston Marathon registration a few years ago.  Given that this race filled up in about 30 days two years ago and only 6 days last year, I figure they would have estimated the race to sell out in a day or two this year and would have planned accordingly.  Did they just put too much reliance on the service provider that their site could handle it?  Maybe it is just inevidable when tens of thousands of people try to access the same site at the same time?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: