Fast Running Blog
April 19, 2024, 01:44:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blisters and toe socks?  (Read 6982 times)
Sherry
Lurker

« on: July 09, 2012, 03:04:30 pm »

Hi all... was wondering if any of you could comment on this:

I have been running for just over a year in Brooks Adrenalines... I wore them out and went to the running shoe store to get new ones, but the newest model had changed and didn't fit right. I took them back after developing blisters on my toes (never with the previous pair), and tried Nikes and Adidas before finally settling on Asics gels.

I am still nursing blisters from trying out all four pairs of shoes, and have also tried all sorts of socks. My question is, have any of you been running in regular shoes (not Vibrams, for example) with Injinjis and found your blisters went away? I've got a long run this saturday and am reluctant to do it now with healing feet.  Angry
Kam
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:41:09 am »

Have you tried putting glide between your toes?  I used to have all kinds of blister problems on long runs, but the glide seems to take care of it.
Sherry
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:47:10 pm »

Hi Kam,
Thanks... I've tried a few things (vaseline, cornstarch) and recently was recommended to try Desitin. I'm giving my toes a rest this week, but tomorrow I will run again with the Desitin and see how it goes. Glide is the next purchase. Smiley
Kam
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 10:18:57 am »

I've never heard desitin.   Your feet will smell like a baby's bum, instead of like long-run sweaty feet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: