Fast Running Blog
April 29, 2024, 07:12:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Logan Hotels for TOU Weekend  (Read 4931 times)
allie
Posting Member

« on: March 21, 2012, 01:21:56 pm »

Just thought I would give a heads up...if you have any plans of running TOU in September and need to book a hotel, I would do it now. Most of the hotels I tried were already booked on the 14th/15th (even the "secret" University Inn where I usually stay). Registration has only been open for three weeks, so there must be something else going on that weekend...

Anyway, book now! I know it's been a pain for people in the past, but this year it is extra painful. Good luck.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:44:41 am »

Or connect with a blogger, a friend, or a relative in the area.  Speaking of which, if anybody needs a place for the Utah Valley Marathon, we have some limited couch space, make your reservations early. Running is becoming a more expensive sport, which combined with the increased cost of living in general, and limited salaries if you do have a job, can put a stress on the family budget. So let's open our doors if we can, get to know each other better, and help everyone save money.
Chelsi
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:37:20 pm »

I guess I'll be staying with family.
Stephen Anderson
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 12:18:51 pm »

My house is always open for any Logan races.  Many times I'm not there using it anyways.  Two miles from the TOU half and full start line.  As a single guy with a big house it's good to have it used and likely you'd have your own room. 
allie
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 01:54:25 pm »

two free options for staying in SLC:

1) http://fastrunningblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,1717.0.html

2) we have two extra bedrooms and a very large couch -- room to sleep four. anyone is welcome any time. it's especially ideal for the des news marathon -- it's an early start time no matter where you live, but this could save you some time (and sleep) if you are planning to drive up on race morning. it's just under a mile jog to the trax line (which will get you to the start line of SLC or the bus loading for des news marathon). half mile from the des news finish line.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:00:40 pm by allie » Logged
Matthew Rowley
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:42:02 am »

If anyone is still looking for a place to stay for the Ogden Marathon.  They are welcome to stay at my house, in brigham city.  I have a futon that anyone is welcome to stay on.  I live about 20-25 miles from Ogden so It is not ideal, but the price is right.
allie
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 02:45:46 pm »

just a reminder from my earlier post about places to stay in SLC...if anyone needs a place to stay for the des news marathon/10k, we have plenty of extra space and we live 1/2 mile from the finish line. i also have a voucher for one night at the university guest house, which is less than a mile from the 10k start line.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: